HPX Elite By John Jeffries

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simbo

I thought that Shootclay members might like to see the brand new HPX before it is showcased at this year's CLA Game Fair.

After being stuck in traffic on the M25 for four hours on Monday, JJ finally arrived in Northampton to collect his latest, and his words "the best gun I could design".

Dave and I were invited to his ground on Tuesday evening to meet the new edition HPX and put a few shells through her.

Up until now John has always worked with Perazzi but to build the Elite he has chosen another famous Italian gun maker, Perugini & Visini.

JJ explained to us that he has designed the Elite to be "an all rounder", having both the SR1 & RSR features in it's pedigree with an added twist!

The demo weighed in at 8lb 8oz with 34" barrels but all weights and lengths will be available, including a 20 gauge.  It certainly looks like a Game gun, but as we were to soon find out it handled like a dream on JJ's challenging clay targets.

The Elite really is the top end of gun design and build quality and as modest as the man is, I'm so pleased to see that he has finally decided to put his name on "his gun".

So if you like what you see and you're at Harewood House this coming weekend, why not visit the HPX Trade Stand and say hello to the man himself! (Tell him you've seen the pics on Shootclay) :D

As with all HPX's, the Elite comes fully custom fitted until you and John are 100% happy with the end result.

RRP £25,000

P1000621.JPG

P1000582.JPG

P1000581.JPG

P1000583.JPG

It was a real privilege to be able to shoot Johns new HPX 'ELITE' as you can see by Simbos pics it's a beautiful piece of kit,hats off to John for another amazing design in shotgun innovation, :hi: check it out and all John other designs at the Game Fair this weekend!

Looks good, like the engraving which has a nice traditional feel. I like the colour hardening, too.

If I may be so bold as to suggest that the word "Elite" is, to my eyes, inappropriate. 

It worked for Lotus............... a future classic maybe?

Slide1.jpg

Looks as tho the hype has reached new levels of price!  Just goes to show that good old P.T. was right on.

If the pictured gun  was custom fitted then prospective buyers might want to look elsewhere for that service.  P&V's are nice guns but you could go to Italy and get one from them that might actually fit for prolly a more reasonable price.

besta luck

Latest posts

Back