CLASSIC DOUBLES Combo.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westley

Has anyone encountered a Classic Doubles Combo (101 action). 30" multi choked barrels and TWO sets of woodwork. One is a Sporting stock and Schnabel forend, the other is a Trap stock and forend. Made around late 70's or early 80's. I have a chance to buy one but struggling to find another to compare prices.

I thought Classic Doubles only bought the rights to the 101 action in the late 80s/early 90s? How is this gun different from the normal 101 actioned classics? Perhaps a photo might help identify it better. Have got a few CDs in the cabinet and the woodwork seems to interchange between all models. I have a 32" trap gun and sporting woodwork fits perfectly to it.

Last edited:
I have not got access to the gun to take 'pics' as yet. I was with the guy, in fact, I took him to buy it. The gun was new and was sold as a Classic Doubles Combo, complete with the 2 sets of woodwork. I recall remarking to the gun shop owner, at the time, about the screw heads on the forend getting chewed up if it was a regular thing to swap between woodwork. I suggested to the gun owner that perhaps he swapped the Phillips headed screws for Allen headed ones. However, he solved the problem by never fitting the Trap woodwork. I am hoping to get some pics in the near future. I am struggling to give the guy a guide price.

Googling "Winchester 101 Combo" brings up a few results, mainly from the US and quite old. Seems to suggest that in the US at least you got two sets of barrels and two sets of wood work. Does the woodwork come with forend irons? Going to be very hard to give a guide price on that but I would say that it is a 101 and therefore should be priced as any other 101 (and there are plenty on the market). I don't see anything special about it (price wise) by being a combo or having a second set of wood with it.

Googling "Winchester 101 Combo" brings up a few results, mainly from the US and quite old. Seems to suggest that in the US at least you got two sets of barrels and two sets of wood work. Does the woodwork come with forend irons? Going to be very hard to give a guide price on that but I would say that it is a 101 and therefore should be priced as any other 101 (and there are plenty on the market). I don't see anything special about it (price wise) by being a combo or having a second set of wood with it.
OK, thanks for that.

Latest posts

Back