Chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not used my Browning since I bought my Perazzi but I shot the Browning with M3 and M4 chokes and I have to say after about 3k  shells I had to clean the things with an oily rag... F'n furious !

First picture is Muller in my DT11. The second is a flush Beretta LM in the DT11. RC 4 7.5 at a measured 35M. You can make your own decision which is preferable.

IMG_4164.JPG

IMG_4165.JPG

Both kinda random, one tiny bit randomer, the other one is slightly tighterer, scatter guns do that. My conclusion is I wouldn't bet a bite of my sammich on being able to tell one from the other.

Both have pretty big gaps but the bottom one looks slightly better. Surely the next two shots would look different again. Unless you took an average pattern over say 10 shots then it's not telling you much. And what's to say it all doesn't change when swinging the barrels?

For me, I've done the same with my Blaser chokes against my new Mullers.

Pattern plates don't always show the difference - I think anyway.

Very subtle differences between the two on the plate, but a much bigger difference on the clay.

2d vs 3d perhaps?

I've read your above post and was commenting on the fact that your original statement is inaccurate. As you say; nothing new.

Despite your snide remarks about the products, I will continue to stand behind them and support any customers who have genuine issues.

I am in contact with Evoracer and am awaiting for further information from him. Thank you for your concern though ?
​yes and there was a post after that,guess there was to may post for you to read all at once..nevermind.

so we go back to the original barrel yes there was an issue with the barrel,no problem with the original beretta choke only the muller.

no issue with the second barrel still an issue with the muller.

if they cannot take the same shot as the original choke then they are not of the same quality/structural integrity Obviously.

on checking i can find no other manufacturer restricting the size of lead shot.

I have a few more and the Beretta were more even than the after market. There were more holes for edge for on targets in the after market. I should of used more choke M 1/2 as this would be closer to the after market choke that was miss labelled according to constriction! Measure your after market choke constriction compared to actual barrel dimension. They nearly are all tighter. One make use numbers to confuse you.

Percentage of lead shot in 30-inch circle at 40 yards
Identification (Notches)
Identification (Stars)
(Spanish shotguns)

Cylinder
40 at 40 yd70 at 25 yd

IIIII notches
***** stars

Skeet 1
45 at 40 yd75 at 25 yd

Improved  Cylinder
IIII notches
**** stars

Skeet 2 (light Mod.)

Modified
III notches
*** stars

Improved Modified
II notches
** stars

Full
I notch
* star

Extra Full
I notch

Turkey
0.045 plus
75 plus
I notch

FYI the only two choke makers that are actual constrictions that produce actual regulated patterns are Briley and Teague!

I have a few more and the Beretta were more even than the after market. There were more holes for edge for on targets in the after market. I should of used more choke M 1/2 as this would be closer to the after market choke that was miss labelled according to constriction! Measure your after market choke constriction compared to actual barrel dimension. They nearly are all tighter. One make use numbers to confuse you.

Percentage of lead shot in 30-inch circle at 40 yards
Identification (Notches)
Identification (Stars)
(Spanish shotguns)

Cylinder
40 at 40 yd70 at 25 yd

IIIII notches
***** stars

Skeet 1
45 at 40 yd75 at 25 yd

Improved  Cylinder
IIII notches
**** stars

Skeet 2 (light Mod.)

Modified
III notches
*** stars

Improved Modified
II notches
** stars

Full
I notch
* star

Extra Full
I notch

Turkey
0.045 plus
75 plus
I notch

FYI the only two choke makers that are actual constrictions that produce actual regulated patterns are Briley and Teague!

I checked my browning in vector plus chokes the other week my results were these:
My barrels are bored at 0.736" (18.7m)

My flush factory choke in cylinder is 0.754" (19.14mm) at both ends of the choke in and out

My briley extended cylinder choke was 0.754 going in same as the browning but 0.741 going out.

The browning cylinder is parallel but oversized the briley one is cylinder compared to the bore of the barrel.

The increments from here down on all the other chokes were correct.

Obviously going into the choke has to be slightly larger to stop pellets maybe hitting the end of the choke. But which is the proper cylinder choke, the parrallel browning one that is larger than the bore or the briley one that has the same bore size as the barrel on exit?

The problem is that Brownings are notorious to anything but consistent for barrel dimensions or chokes. Browning makes NOTHING! it is a name only. Most are assembled in Portugal or Japan. So, you have to pattern and BTW, it would be nice to chrono the load that you are using for consistency and Standard Deviation! That will tell you a lot about performance!

Henry

Back