Chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evoracer

Am I limited on shot size on;

A. Muller chokes 

B. Beretta optima HP chokes 

TIA 

I wouldn't have expected any choke to be limited on shot size (with the obvious steel exceptions- and even then it is no  more than 1/2 choke, but no mention of size).

Scmokinn,  what problems did you have with Muller and 7.5s ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't have expected any choke to be limited on shot size (with the obvious steel exceptions- and even then it is no  more than 1/2 choke, but no mention of size).

Schmokinn... wasn't the outcome of your Muller problem that there was an issue with the thread?  

Plenty of people use Mullers with 7.5's - I'd imagine we'd all know if shot size + Muller = problem. 

​deformed/coating came off...was huge thread but when i tried looking for it last week it seemed to have disappeared.

guess thats what happens when one of the admins is the person who sells them  :rolleyes:

Schmokinn... wasn't the outcome of your Muller problem that there was an issue with the thread?  

Plenty of people use Mullers with 7.5's - I'd imagine we'd all know if shot size + Muller = problem. 
​hadf a similar issue with the replacement in a different barrel,just couldn't be arsed after all the hassle over the first one.

incidentally what happened to the original thread?

No idea mate... old threads get archived to make the system run faster, it's probably in there somewhere. 

​deformed/coating came off...was huge thread but when i tried looking for it last week it seemed to have disappeared.

guess thats what happens when one of the admins is the person who sells them  :rolleyes:
I'm prepared to bet that that was not an issue caused by 7.5s though. More a manufacturing issue which can happen with any product. And no I don't have Mullers,  nor any allegiance to them.

I don't want to get into a Muller debate but 2 of mine split I asked for feedback why, still I'm none the wiser  if we don't know why how do we know it won't happen again? 

I don't want to get into a Muller debate but 2 of mine split I asked for feedback why, still I'm none the wiser  if we don't know why how do we know it won't happen again? 
In most cases where an item is bought retail and has to go back to the manufacturer for a performance/manufacture issue the end user very rarely gets to know the results of the testing on the defective product. The manufacturer will/should use the results to improve the product thereafter and the usual response to the end user is along the lines of "we're sorry blah blah. We have now taken appropriate steps to rectify the problem blah blah and we very much appreciate your feedback blah blah"

But, as you say, no Muller debate from me - I don't use them. Mr Teague would be jealous ?

Ive shot several thousand cartridges through Mullers via a Zoli Z Extra and a Krieghoff K80 over the last 2 years. No problems at all, the only complaint I have is that I miss clays with OEM, Teague and Mullers, they must be all crap....clearly

I'm prepared to bet that that was not an issue caused by 7.5s though. More a manufacturing issue which can happen with any product. And no I don't have Mullers,  nor any allegiance to them.
I would be betting on the same side as you as if my memory serves me correctly it was a case of non-concentric bores causing the issue. I believe that Schmokinn even stated his barrels had been replaced by GMK to resolve the issue.

I would be betting on the same side as you as if my memory serves me correctly it was a case of non-concentric bores causing the issue. I believe that Schmokinn even stated his barrels had been replaced by GMK to resolve the issue.
​not read my above post

not answered Evoracers query/point about what the problem with his chokes was

nothing new

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got my Muller chokes  I read the information supplied by Justchoking on shot size, fitting and maintenance.  

Bugger me I've had no faults?

​not read my above post

not answered Evoracers query/point about what the problem with his chokes was

nothing new
I've read your above post and was commenting on the fact that your original statement is inaccurate. As you say; nothing new.

Despite your snide remarks about the products, I will continue to stand behind them and support any customers who have genuine issues.

I am in contact with Evoracer and am awaiting for further information from him. Thank you for your concern though ?

Back