Choke choice solved!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimbusgb

Just acquired a Perazzi Mx8 hpx SR1 with 34" barrels.

Fixed, 1/2 and 1/2

I will no longer be able to participate in choke discussions! :)  

Why is it when someone is trying to sell you a gun and you are testing a few boxes of shells through it you can't miss a bloody thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes, the bliss of a 'new gun' !    Well, we have all been there, you take it out and 'try' it and shoot like hell, only to never be able to repeat that performance again !  Still looking for that magic gun after over 50 years shooting, not long left to find it now though !

Been to Alfriston today?  One of my friends was there this morning picking up a gun she'd just had the stock altered on.

Went up to Willow Farm with her afterwards so she could try it out.  Noticeable improvement straight away.

Fixed, 1/2 and 1/2

Why is it when someone is trying to sell you a gun and you are testing a few boxes of shells through it you can't miss a bloody thing?
34"  wow   do they seem ok ?    must take a bit of getting used to  , more to the point  are they a advantage ?

34"  wow   do they seem ok ?    must take a bit of getting used to  , more to the point  are they a advantage ?
I was hitting targets straight away and not just chipping them but dusting them. Of course it could be that they were hitting the end of the barrels. :)

Fixed, 1/2 and 1/2

That sounds like my perfect gun!

Ah yes, the bliss of a 'new gun' !    Well, we have all been there, you take it out and 'try' it and shoot like hell, only to never be able to repeat that performance again !  Still looking for that magic gun after over 50 years shooting, not long left to find it now though !
There's also the 'new choke' effect: This week I switched from the standard Browning DS chokes to Mullers on my 725, and literally hit EVERYTHING this weekend.

It'll never last.

(oh, and Nimbusgb: congrats on the Perazzi!)

I was hitting targets straight away and not just chipping them but dusting them. Of course it could be that they were hitting the end of the barrels. :)
Saw someone using an RSR yesterday, with a very low fast driven target probably not more than 10ft overhead.  They broke very convincingly, but I reckon he may have been bayoneting them.

I've got a new toy on order.  Fixed 3/8th in both barrels.  If you start experimenting with cartridges that open up quickly for some of those sneaky close rabbits they put on at Southdown, let me know your findings.

Saw someone using an RSR yesterday, with a very low fast driven target probably not more than 10ft overhead.  They broke very convincingly, but I reckon he may have been bayoneting them.

I've got a new toy on order.  Fixed 3/8th in both barrels.  If you start experimenting with cartridges that open up quickly for some of those sneaky close rabbits they put on at Southdown, let me know your findings.
i reckon on carrying a handful of #9 fibrewads around for wabbits. if that doesn't get em I'm really in trouble. Oh dear now i need to remember which carts to use! :)

That was my thought, some 9's in fibre (where I'm restricted to it) and maybe some piston wad 9's where plastic is permitted.  Need to pop down to Sussex Guns sometime and see what he's got in.

Bit quicker than that.  I was told two to three weeks, so not long at all.

I just had a really good weekend with the DT10, so not quite sure why I'm changing.  Just can't resist shiny new things I suppose.

Fixed, 1/2 and 1/2

Your brave 1/2 and 1/2  drops my average by 30%.

Latest posts

Back