Cheshire shield

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shoot as usual at Hodnet, still my favourite ground along with Grimsthorpe, even though Hodnet is nearly a 3 hr drive each way, it's worth it.

Stand 11 was a tester, found the green target needed more lead than you would think.

Agreed stand 14 was a bit of a lottery with the incomer being behind a tree trunk when you wanted to shoot it. The ref did his best to make it fair though.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day!

Anyone know where we can see the full results?

Evening chesterse, bumped into you and we had a brief chat on stand 7? (the report pair of driven).  Doubt if you'll see a full results list, have been shooting this for donkeys years and can only once recall WMSG putting the results up on their website.  I'll get in touch with the guy who organises this on behalf of Cheshire Police and see if they have the results on a spreadsheet and try and get a copy if they have.

I was in a large squad of guests, there were 9 of us so it took an age to go round but, as usual, a brilliant day out.  We had the high gun of the day on our (The Clay Crunchers) team, Pete Lloyd who shot a stunning 94, I was more than pleased with my 87 after missing 6 on the more forgiving stands early in the round.  We also got 2nd place in the guest teams competition.

I straightened stand 11,was only one on the squad to do so and two blanked it.  If there was ever a stand that demonstrated you don't need distant targets to beat the shooter that was it.

Stand 14, we all shot the long incomer first whilst it was still way out and there was still enough time on the L - R fast looper.  One tried it the other way round and on his first pair half his shot hit the tree and the other half broke the clay into about 3 bits, he took the remaining pairs the other way round. Without the tree it would have been a no brainer to shoot the looper first.

There is another one of these shoots on at Hodnet on the 25th June, Armed Services & Emergency Services League Shoot and guests are welcome after 11am.  To book contact Graham Neild on 07770 281176

Mr Potter

Interesting shoot, started on 15 and worked my way down, was straight until that bloody 11 Grrrrrrrrrr,, silly colour. Stand 14 easy peasy :) took the crosser first then the incomer, had one hide behind the tree a little but a spot of luck and ricochet off said tree broke it, I stood to the extreme RHS of the stand, you could see them for longer that way.  Happy with my 85 and was in the Winning team :) pleasure to watch Graham straightening the pool, cracking shooting (Sorry Maxum) Roll on the awards evening

Update re. results. West Midland Shooting Ground FaceBook page has just posted that they will be putting the results up on their website.

Enjoyed our chat Mr Potter, thanks for the results. Well shot! I thought I had 84 but looks like I lost one somewhere. Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Stand 11 did for quite a few according to Alan Rowley who reffed the stand. Very technical targets on that one with the sunlight altering how you saw the orange clay. Thought it was a good shoot on the whole. Great day out and not working BONUS
Just trying to remember - wasn't that one of those I straighted..........................just saying.....lolololol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back