Cartridges online

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone who can see the benefit /quality/etc etc compared to price of a miroku(as in value) cant be senile or otherwise as far as I am concerned🙂 .

So I ended up with..

200 Eley Amber 24g 8 fibre

200 RC Jockers 28g 7.5 pl

100 Eley Select 21g 7.5 pl

100 Eley Select 28g 7.5 pl

200 Hull Comp X 21g 7.5 pl

200 Hull Comp X 28g 7.5 pl

..for £189.31 delivered which, considering I didn’t make the quantity price breaks on any one type, I’m pretty happy with 👍🏻 

What I like about JC is that they have 'unusual' things. I buy the 2"3/4 inch 34g steel load I shoot at ducks/geese from them (RC3) and I can't find them anywhere else. They have a HUGE range of stuff, onsite. I thought their previous 'shed' was a lot of fun, but the new warehouse is scarily cool as far as the range they carry.

For my clay shooting, I shoot compx 28g fiber at everything. I know I'm not a terribly serious shooter, but they break stuff, including long stuff, they are 'green' (well, part from the lead, but short of the plastic wad!) are so soft that anything else feels like being kicked, AND are the cheapest I can find at £191/1K at my shop. They also fit in my 2"1/2 chambered SxS, so one cart fits all.

Sure, i LOVE the dust balls I do with say, F-Blues, but I can't find them at my local shop (Fiocci apparently don't want too many retailers (!)) but they are 1) kickier, 2) plastic, and 3) more expensive. Not by a lot, but there's 2 shooter's in this family :)

200 RC Jockers 28g 7.5 pl
Where are those on the JustCartridge RC list? Been interested in trying Jockers for a while and slightly confused as to whether they are both a make in their own right AND a cartridge made by RC as your post would suggest, or whether the hard to get ones that people say are a bit ugly, but good as well as cheap are just a make that you can get at Greenfields & Claverdon and a bit of a bugger to get unless you live near a dealer?

Where are those on the JustCartridge RC list? Been interested in trying Jockers for a while and slightly confused as to whether they are both a make in their own right AND a cartridge made by RC as your post would suggest, or whether the hard to get ones that people say are a bit ugly, but good as well as cheap are just a make that you can get at Greenfields & Claverdon and a bit of a bugger to get unless you live near a dealer?
When you go on JC's website, click on the bin ends tag, it has all their cheaper cartridges and deals.

Rocky did get them from 'Clarkes of Walsham', not JC

😂 Loving that I googled them to see where Walsham was... nowhere near me, but found it funny that the tag on the top of my browser says 'Fence panels & Corrugated roof sheet supplier'!! 👍
Yeh they’re a builders merchant basically, my carts turned up on a flatbed lorry with a Hiab 😂 

😄 Doin' it in styyyyyle!!

Shame I'm guessing they were just handed over... would have been quality if the driver was comedic enough to use the hiab to move them to your front door! 😄
That would’ve been very comedic but yes he hand balled them down to me to put in the boot of my motor as I was at work (that thing poor people do :D  ) - he did block the entire industrial estate manoeuvring his goodness how many ton (sorry Europe) lorry to where my car was though so there was entertainment. 

I had 10,000 delivered by Clarks, Hiab off, then he just pushed the pallet in to my garage  + free transport.   :hunter:

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't there an insurance issue with that many cartridges?  I have a feeling the home insurance policies have a clause about propellant (i.e. explosive) storage?

The very fact that the guys have had their volumes delivered by a builders truck,outside of ADR (dangerous goods) transport regulation  shows how safe  shotgun cartridges are . The cartridges are classed as not liable to explode in bulk . In terms of risk, the cartridges kept at home are not likely to do anything more than provide fuel for a fire started by something else . Even if you chucked a slab on a bonfire you certainly wouldn’t get an explosion  .  I’d be more worried about the 60 litres of unleaded parked up next to the house, or the LPG cylinder for the BBQ , than having a few thousand cartridges in the garage or airing cupboard. 

Mate, I've seen more innocuous stuff as a firefighter that has more potential for danger, even if only once in a blue moon.... washing machines & tumble dryers, cheap phone chargers being left on with nothing charging, plug in room perfume doohickies, even those little square plug adaptor boxes from years ago which plug straight into a socket and you plug multiple more plugs into it... tell people to bin them and buy the ones on a lead which sit on the floor so there's no weight loading on the sockt itself!

Went to a house fire once where a ladies double sided vanity mirror had acted like what kids do with magnifying glasses to make a beam to burn stuff: burnt a 2m line across the wallpaper as the sun moved round until it caused a bottle of perfume to explode and catch fire!! 😮 Unbelievable to think of, but obviously the cause when you looked at the marks in the bedroom!

Been interested in trying Jockers for a while and slightly confused as to whether they are both a make in their own right AND a cartridge made by RC as your post would suggest, 
Jockers are a French brand in their own right well known in Europe. They are imported by the same company that import RCs hence the connection.

Jockers are a French brand in their own right well known in Europe. They are imported by the same company that import RCs hence the connection.
Yeh they actually say LA Jockers on them not RC 👍🏻  

Latest posts

Back