Cartridges online

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not needed Spavo.
Have no problem with what I said... what isn't needed is implying that if you don't have the money for it you shouldn't be shooting or are you or anyone else suggesting I should give it all up because I don't earn massive wages and never will so I need to be conscious of how much I spend on my hobby? It's pretty condescending.

It's the Etonian old boys club b*llocks that isn't needed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably because of my past working background also , but I tend to look at percentages not £s 

“ it’s only a tenner “  .... no it’s not,  it’s 5% more expensive than it needs to be .  I do subscribe to “ total cost of acquisition “ as well , hence the optimum of buying at lowest price from somewhere I was going anyway . 

Now I’m a non working loafer , all those saved percents have allowed me to regress into second childhood pursuing selfish hobbies 😂

No, me neither. And who's to say that because we're not minted then we shouldn't enjoy shooting and look after the little money we do spend on it?! I do believe my gun goes bang and shot flies out the end of it the same as everyone elses, correct??

Wish I had as much spare cash as captain moneybags above, but then again I wouldn't want it to make me as big a patronising dick!
Pray tell who captain moneybags is. As I'm just a little old factory worker. Still only works out at £1/100, if you manage to save £10/1000. 

As with everything to do with shooting it's all in the head. As for the price of cartridges it's the thought of paying £200, 210, 220 whatever, but when you actually break it down to 100 bird shoots it all becomes minimal, that is all I am saying. Unless you really are a moneybags, and can afford the higher end price, then fair enough pay big money..

But please don't make assumptions about people you know nothing about, who ever it is  :smile:

He really isn't and he knows just how many cartridges I buy a year hence the laughing face and me wanting to save money.
... 50,000+ X £10.....😃 :oops:

Anyway I found a place near me (Clarkes of Walsham) who had all six sorts I wanted to try for a good price & free delivery so they’ll be arriving tomorrow. Happy days  :)  
Fee delivery excellent.  :thumbsup:

Free delivery excellent.  :thumbsup:
1000 carts = free delivery woohoo! :D  

Only reason I did this was to try a variety of (lower end) cartridges that I’d read about on here to see what they’re like in my gun with me shooting it.. end of the day at the stage I’m at as long as it goes bang and chucks shot out the end it’s plenty good enough but it’s still interesting to experience stuff for yourself isn’t it. I normally just buy Comp X from the ground but they don’t sell some of the others so..

Thumbs up for supporting your local shoot (if prices are OK,) there's the considerable advantage of not having to go out of your way to make a purchase. I buy from these guys at a local shoot who are pretty well stocked if you like Fiocchi (which I do.) All plastic wad except Fiocchi err Fibre TT1.

SNIP.JPG

Thumbs up for supporting your local shoot (if prices are OK,) there's the considerable advantage of not having to go out of your way to make a purchase. I buy from these guys at a local shoot who are pretty well stocked if you like Fiocchi (which I do.) All plastic wad except Fiocchi err Fibre TT1.

View attachment 7759
Here’s my ground’s list..

13ABE976-E38B-433B-A016-DAE5EF58C896.jpeg

It's the Etonian old boys club b*llocks that isn't needed!
Hmmm. Allow me to assure you that Tiptop is not an old Etonian. The reality is that many shooting people are wealthy and virtually all the rest have disposable income. You only have to look at the vehicles in the car park to realise that. For most of the participants, including me as an OAP, £10 is a fairly meaningless amount of money.

If it bothers you then you may need to take up another hobby/sport.

Then please don't make your own assumptions that because people choose to save a tenner here and there that it's okay to find it risible and comment that they shouldn't be shooting. Simple.
I don't make assumptions about anyone. Just stating the fact of saving a pound, a round.

Just seems strange that people take up such an expensive sport/hobby, and then go on about how expensive it is, and that they need to save a couple of quid, nothing at all wrong in trying save money though.

Of course people have budgets and need to stick to them we all know that.

I personally wouldn't travel a round trip to save a tenner, and use a tenners worth of fuel to do it. Seems pointless to me, but it might well be that some people are happy to do that, because they have saved a tenner in their head. 

I wouldn't travel to try to save money as a false economy either, that's nuts, but I will buy a cartridge that's ten quid cheaper in the same shop as to me that's a few pints after.

If it bothers you then you may need to take up another hobby/sport.
What bothers me is arrogant people who laugh at how others do things and tell them what they should and shouldnt possibly be doing with their lives... Like what you have just done.

Pointing out how meaningless any amount of money is to any person at all is just snobbery and ugly.

A class act would have simply said it's an expensive hobby/sport to get into... and left it at that.

I wouldn't travel to try to save money as a false economy either, that's nuts, but I will buy a cartridge that's ten quid cheaper in the same shop as to me that's a few pints after.
That's fair enough, if that's what your budget dictates.

But most people tend to stick to one cartridge, and a few quid saved on that cartridge, you have to ask yourself is it really worth it.

On one of the price lists above, my cartridge of choice at the moment is only £3/1000 cheaper than at JC,  so JC are not really that extortionate. If they then go outside of my budget then I will re-evaluate at the time and change if necessary.

All horses for courses really, and not worth getting all worked up over.

One of CP shooting’s strengths as far as I’m concerned is it being largely PAYG so you can control the expenditure. Obviously if you compete seriously you’re obliged to spend out but as a hobby it seems quite reasonable. 

Probably because of my past working background also , but I tend to look at percentages not £s 

“ it’s only a tenner “  .... no it’s not,  it’s 5% more expensive than it needs to be .  I do subscribe to “ total cost of acquisition “ as well , hence the optimum of buying at lowest price from somewhere I was going anyway . 

Now I’m a non working loafer , all those saved percents have allowed me to regress into second childhood pursuing selfish hobbies 😂
I too am a non working loafer, not true I work a lot harder now that when I was working but the difference is now I get paid squat all for what I do! And to that end every % is important in the grand scheme of things. If I could save 5% on everything I buy I would be very happy indeed just in the same way if I could earn 5% more on everything I sell it would be a perfect double wammy.  And being Scottish many a mickle maks a muckle  :lol:

For me it’s not so much desperation as just trying to avoid paying over the odds for the same product available elsewhere really plus weighing up whether it was worth getting the car out or having them arrive automatically. 

Anyway I found a place near me (Clarkes of Walsham) who had all six sorts I wanted to try for a good price & free delivery so they’ll be arriving tomorrow. Happy days  :)  
That is where I get my RC Cartridges. 👍

View attachment rc-master.pdf

View attachment hull-master.pdf

View attachment Rio-Master.pdf

and tell them what they should and shouldnt possibly be doing with their lives... Like what you have just done.
You are a touchy one aren't you? I don't remember telling you to do anything with your life. My opinion is that you overreacted to Tiptop's posts and displayed a level of snottiness that came across awfully like spite and that's something we don't do on this forum!

Just saying...

But FWIW in our household we rarely pay full asking for anything and search out the best deals wherever we can. We also grow a great deal of our own food and I work a couple of days a month reffing at sporting comps. Money does matter to me and of course I have a budget for shooting but, frankly put, £10 is neither here nor there in the scheme of things and certainly isn't life threatening money.

When it comes to shells I pay £195 for Ian Coley Gold Cup a 70mm, 28g in 7.5 (made by Eley) which I think is an excellent shell at that price and IMO better than the branded budget shells from Hull, Gamebore etc. but I don't drive 15 miles each way specially to get them, instead i pick them up when I'm there for the shooting.

You are a touchy one aren't you? I don't remember telling you to do anything with your life. My opinion is that you overreacted to Tiptop's posts and displayed a level of snottiness that came across awfully like spite and that's something we don't do on this forum!
And if you are as you say an oap, it seems you are belssed with a splash of age related amnesia or senility... in the post of mine YOU quoted, you literally said " you may need to take up another hobby/sport "!

Judging by the fact you also said "Allow me to assure you that Tiptop is not an old Etonian" (putting it in quotes just in case you deny saying that too), my opinion is you overreacted to someone you quite obviously know being called out for making a snobby comment twice about finding other amusing for watching the cost of things, because he's your mate and you simply got defensive.

Opinions are like farts... you only like your own.

A tenner is different to different people, it's arrogance to presume your view on money is universal. Just saying, unless you disagree?

That's fair enough, if that's what your budget dictates.

But most people tend to stick to one cartridge, and a few quid saved on that cartridge, you have to ask yourself is it really worth it.

On one of the price lists above, my cartridge of choice at the moment is only £3/1000 cheaper than at JC,  so JC are not really that extortionate. If they then go outside of my budget then I will re-evaluate at the time and change if necessary.

All horses for courses really, and not worth getting all worked up over.
Yeah, fair enough. To be honest, having literally had a play with some Hull cartridges yesterday simply because they were a bit cheaper, I found literally no difference between them and the Fiocchi I usually shoot with (except the box they come in is sturdier!) so I'll probably switch to them if it saves me a few quid cos it's mad to simply plod on at greater expense for no benefit. If I'd been smashing less clays, or found them slower to catch the fast birds, greater recoil, etc. or found a genuine reason not to use them, then I'd be daft to stick with something inferior for the same reason.

Apologies to you if you took offence and are a working slob like myself, just something inside me always fights for the little guy and therefore I'll always hate comments about people shouldn't shoot if they're poorer... someone has to make a stand! My income may be average, and I don't actually have an overly tight budget (the wife even keeps telling me I love it so much that I should spend more on shooting and not worry about the family so much as we're absolutely fine, bless her!!) and can spend more on bits & bobs IF they're worthwhile, but I don't see the point in throwing money at things necessarily... indeed a lot of the guys I shoot with (and many on here) simply shoot whatever's pretty much on offer as they feel it's all head games anyway... and we're doing it for fun, not to become the next Digweed, so we've learnt to get over ourselves in terms of spending a fortune to try to be the superstars we're unlikely to be. If however, one wants to spend vast sums, then more power to you, and I'm glad that some get to shoot every day as that would be brilliant, but I absolutely can't knock a bloke if they've got loads of cash and choose to spend it on this... after all, it is a fantastic hobby to maintain, if a little pricey if you allow it to be.

Some just need to remember that everyone can do this as equals. 👍

(I've never chased money with jobs, always just wanted to help people for my drive, hence becoming a firefighter, and got a mate who earns about 4 times as much as me in the business world: I ask him what he's on from time to time before laughing as I tell him they're mad for paying a knobhead like him that much! 😂)

I too am a non working loafer, not true I work a lot harder now that when I was working but the difference is now I get paid squat all for what I do! And to that end every % is important in the grand scheme of things. If I could save 5% on everything I buy I would be very happy indeed just in the same way if I could earn 5% more on everything I sell it would be a perfect double wammy.  And being Scottish many a mickle maks a muckle  :lol:
And I’m a Tyke ! To make the prototype Yorkshireman, God took a Scot and beat the generosity out ....... 

Latest posts

Back