Cartridge Pouches

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sibaldib

How many of you use cartridge pouches and why?

I am presently using a standard Beretta Shooting Vest, but have seen quite a few people at shoots recently with the pouches.

post-1028-0-90844100-1350667853.jpg

Is the only benefit that you don't have to wear the vest?

Thanks

Attachments

• victory-b1one-c_B6C35EE9_large.jpg
    victory-b1one-c_B6C35EE9_large.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 0
A lot of people still wear a vest with them. Everyone i know does. Keeps the weight in one place i suppose. I also like the Beretta ones. Very useful for sandwiches as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Must admit to wearing a pouch during a really hot day as i get too hot with a vest on but other then the odd few most people seem to stick with a vest Digweed always uses one, Alan Rhone sells a nice bit of kit but at about a million squid it should be, guess its all down to personal choice.

I use a pouch and will never go back to a vest, during the summer you don't sweat like a mad man but to be honest, I hate being too wrapped up in winter with jackets and thick tops, just makes me uncomfortable, even on the coldest days I wear a Musto coat between stands but still shoot in a tee shirt, I think it comes from working outside most of my life!

I agree with Mick j ... Good for your sarnies thats about it.

Must be a sporting thing cos you dont see many at trap comps apart from the odd dtl shoot but there prob sporting shooters really.

even on the coldest days I wear a Musto coat between stands but still shoot in a tee shirt, I think it comes from working outside most of my life!
maybe your just double hard. ..

Seriously though i am with you on this in some respects as i cant shoot in a jacket either but need plenty layers and vest in winter. Polo shirt and vest when and if we get a summer

I'm a fussy git. Clothing has to be perfect. Cant stand being too hot or cold. I hate wearing too much and feeling constricted and have 4 outfits sorted for different weather.

I use a pouch with just a short sleeved shirt when it's hot. Mesh vest when it's warm, full vest when it's cool and a fantastic Sasta coat when it's bitter. It is incredibly soft, pretty light and amazingly warm with a collar that doesn't interfere with the stock. When it falls apart I might have to give up winter shooting.. (Or buy another one). When I see some of the coats people shoot in, all rigid and with collar in the way, I think that they might as well be stood on one leg.

Clothing rant over.. Sorry..

Yep i remember folk in the 80s shooting in wax cotton barbour coats Tryed it myself but couldnt lift the gun let alone shoot in it.

Off topic i know but why cant i access smilies on me mobile ?

hello, i have used one now for a few months in all weathers and i dont think i will ever go back to a vest...

it gives you so much movability... best things ever....

happy shooting

p.s get one you wont regret it...

If you click on the "show all" button under the smilies on you pc/laptop etc the smilie codes are all down the left side, you just have to remember the codes and type them manually on the mobile ie :) is colon close bracket and ;) is semi-colon close bracket. Simples :D

All without spaces:

:) is : ) :( is : ( :cool: is :cool : etc...

I have friends who use pouches for skeet, during the warmer weather. I have considered one, not taken yet...however, as I too work outside a great deal, I was shooting in the snow and sub zero weather, with a thermal top, long sleeve top and shooting vest.

I was just going to buy one, but since I have had a isis2 fitted, the nice little pack of sticky pads you get work so well against the leather shoulder pad on my skeet vest, so for me the vest stays.

Sent from my iFone using Tapatalk

How are you finding the Isis 2 Harley? Still pondering putting one on the new stock but leaning towards just a straight swap, Isis 25mm green pad for my standard miroku trap pad :)

How much wood did you need taken off?

Thanks see if it works :)

ooh cool it does :)

How are you finding the Isis 2 Harley? Still pondering putting one on the new stock but leaning towards just a straight swap, Isis 25mm green pad for my standard miroku trap pad :)

How much wood did you need taken off?
The ISIS is awesome...Harley had two shots with mine and was sold.

The actual unit is 28mm thick. Thinnest green pad is 10mm I think. You might want to consider getting Malcolm Jenkins to fit it, I did mine and done a decent job but it was less than fun.

Nicky T has recently got one too, drop him a line about it.

Apart from the recoil reduction, you get so much more time on the 2nd bird.

Latest posts

Back