Cammo for Clays.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go then......

oivjv8.jpg

Note the matching shoes...!!
I dont know what to say! But i notice the fairy lights are still on the wall, Tinkernbell!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all women are attractive in some way.

Struggling here though

I dont know what to say! But i notice the fairy lights are still on the wall, Tinkernbell!!
That is the trailer......we like to keep the place tidy.

We put the shed up on breeze blocks now...because we don't travel as much anymore....stops the rocking around (if you know what i mean) :wink:

That is the trailer......we like to keep the place tidy.

We put the shed up on breeze blocks now...because we don't travel as much anymore....stops the rocking around (if you know what i mean) :wink:
Eeeeeeeew, 

Waaaaaaay too much info Tink

tbh im not a fan of camo...but then nor am i a fan of those wearing nothing but a skeet vest.... i have no interest in seeing people armpits, sweaty or otherwise .... :(

might as well go the whole hog and just wear a string vest, hankie on their head and cut off shorts to go with their flip flops.....

My goodness, the cammo issue really does get to some folk doesn’t it!

I was always of the thought that the more the merrier in the sport as long as they were safe.

Myself I don’t worry about what others are doing or wearing as I need all my concentration on what am doing and minding my own business.

Maybe some of the gurus/gods would be happier if we burnt at the stake anyone who dared be slightly different to them............

I know its all been said mostly in jest but narrow mindedness and being  judgemental or being perceived to be isn’t exactly going to win us or hobby many supporters with attitudes like this.

Yes my friend but the issue with cammo is that the public perceive us as gung ho rambo sorts, we all should be portraying the sport as law abiding smart intelligent sports men and women not looking like a wannabee extra from platoon. Cpsa have quite rightly banned such attire many years ago and i for one wish that no one wore cammo even at none reg events keep it for pigeon shooting when you actually have something to hide from.

its simple really in my opinion, which i admit may be very wrong...but......

If we want the public to embrace clay shooting we need to aim for the "golf with guns" approach that has worked so well in the states where sporting clays is growing at an enormous rate year on year..... that means people dressed like they are participating in a sport rather than auditioning for wurzle gummage.... it also means ground owners re-investing some of their profits in facilities that you wouldnt be afraid to take your family to. 

Dress code is a word thats often used but the long and short of it is that if we want to be viewed as a real sport then we need to look the part, though I have a feeling there are very few ground owners who would be brave enough to turn away someone who turned up looking inappropriately dressed. Ergo its down to those of us who shoot and who want to take the sport forward to make it clear that we have expectations of those we shoot with as to how they look.

if that makes me elitist then so be it.......

Although those who take it to the very highest level tend to wear tracksuit bottoms and trainers.

Well said Don, I for one did tell people who turned up looking like Rambo, that there was no reason to turn up in Cammo to shoot clays. I even had 1 Guy with a 12" hunting knife on his cartridge belt, it is no wonder there are no Bears left in West Lancashire, this Guy must have wrestled with them all !  All I ask is WHY ?(the knife, not the Bear wrestling). As for the 'live and let live' attitude, I was the one left to explain to visitors, why we allowed the 'Village Idiot' near a gun. On several occasions we had unannounced visits from local Councillors and I find it hard enough to explain to somone who thinks that all guns should be banned, why some clown is carrying a bayonet and  trying to blend in with the surroundings. Like it or not the local Council are NOT people you want to upset, if you wish to keep shooting They can and DO, make a shooting grounds life very difficult if they wish. I know of one small club that had to find £25,000 to fight a noise issue because 1 Councillor was hacked off with their shooting on a Sunday morning. Not many small clubs can afford that.

Absolutely...I just wonder if the Adidas look is considered "appropriate"

So sports gear then....... nothing wrong with sports gear for sports. 

As far as I know clays can't hear, see or smell you so what the love do you need cammo for, or tweeds for that matter, good grief its not some Country Life or Stately Homes photoshoot.

I think the wearing of track suits is appropriate due to the fact that ALL of the other athletes are wearing the same and this is obviously some form of sponsorship. Having watched the Ladies OSK today, I think I am right in saying all of the competitors were wearing 'trackie bottoms' in the colours of their respective Countries. OK so it looked a bit like the set of 'Benefits Street', but that is due to my age and ALL of these young Ladies, today showed our Sport in an excellent light and just as an aside, they chucked in a good measure of superb shooting too.

Track suits are hideous but even i would wear an England one if i am ever good enough to earn one.

Back