caesar guerini summit impact black

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gun of the moment, long wait and prices going up when i shot a CG I was totally underwhelmed..... (different model and was told " oh you need the ' summit impact black' " 

But i do shoot an agricultural miroku with dire trigger pulls dodgy top lever and outdated action and poor design, so i wouldn't appreciate the finesse of a fine italian gun (that goes twang when you pull the trigger)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my CG!

It's a maxum not a summit, but they are the same actions except with a sideplate.

I find that the gun has far superior quality and balance/feel than my Miroku.

But each to their own.

Shoot one, it's the only way you will find out what YOU want. Screw what everyone else says (including me!)

I have had a few models in the cabinet "on the side" of my main gun to play with. Summit LTD, Summit Ascent, AT Maxum adj rib and a plain Maxum.

All nice guns but the Ascent stands out from all in my opinion. Just feels right compared to the others. don't know why! - just does!

Definitely worth a shoot of it as all the features at a good saving apart from the rib adjusting (if you need it).

Recently took the leap and bought a black impact summit - already matched my PB just an 89 at Oakedge but a big result for me there as struggled to top 80+.

I am getting on well with mine, the key though is the rib height it's 16 mm on the Summit and this is the highest, the others are lower and didn't feel right for me or fit me as well.

I have had to pass my MX8 SC3 on for this gun, but this gun fits me well and I have no doubt I will hit big scores with it something the Perazzi and its 10 mm rib would not had got me too (consistently) due to it not suiting me as well. Please note I have always had a head up style and wear glasses so every bit of visibility helps. The extra vision the hi rib gives me really helps my style, but won't suit everyone.

Is it as nice as the Perazzi - no, but the price tag is in another league - when there are more high ribs out there then I may opt. for a gun that will wear better - my Perazzi was old but still a beautiful gun which was commented on every weekend - the CG is not commented on but my scores are starting to be !

For me any high rib gun 16mm + would have had similar results but at sub £3500 prices there is nothing else on the market.

Try and get to a CG test day and try the different rib heights and guns.

Mine sliced my fingers and skeet vest before the sharp edges where rub off ! Being in Engineering I might had put a note on the drawing to "remove sharp edges before paint!"

Hope it helps

Steve

Try and get to a CG test day and try the different rib heights and guns.

Mine sliced my fingers and skeet vest before the sharp edges where rub off ! Being in Engineering I might had put a note on the drawing to "remove sharp edges before paint!"

Hope it helps

Steve

I did, but only got to try one and it bit me twice!

Blaser was my other choice but pockets weren't that deep nice looking gun and felt nice and not sure how high the rib is on them. Looked at one at the Worlds - dry mount, and that caused the re- think on my Perazzi!

Latest posts

Back