Dickinson Hunter over under 28" 12ga

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munski

Good afternoon, first timer here looking for opinions and reviews on the Dickinson Hunter 28" O/U 12 gauge for strictly shooting trap/clay. There's little to no information on the internet or youtube. The retailer + manufacture doesn't list what the gun weights or if it has removable chokes. The Dickinson website notates that it has a "thin wall choke". The gun retails for $950 pretax in my area.

Questions:
Are the chokes removable, does it come with several chokes and is there aftermarket support for this gun?
What does the gun weight?
What are the pros and cons?

I doubt you’ll get many replies here as it’s a gun not readily available in the UK or Europe. You may be better asking your question on trapshooters.com

I’d imagine it’ll be fairly useless for American Trap/ATA targets. Much too light, low in the comb and short in the barrel. I can think of a great many better alternatives.

Even for other disciplines 28” tubes aren’t ideal. NSSA skeet’s rarely shot with less than 30” now.

Looking at the website , it’s a cheap Turkish shotgun with a generic Italian style action , the barrels hinged on side trunnions . The equivalent in the U.K. and Europe is probably something like a Kofs or an ATA It doesn’t cost a whole lot of money . However It’s been made at a profit , shipped half way around the world and sold at a profit . That tells you all you need to know .

I own a Dickinson Hunter Light 30” 12 gauge. I have about 500 rounds through it and am quite happy with it. The stock recoil pad is awful. I replaced it with a Limbsaver S/M pad and the recoil is no longer an issue. To add context, I typically use Fiocchi 2 3/4” shells, #8, 1 oz, 1200 FPS. It came with 5 flush mount chocked: C, IC, M, IM, F. There’s no case, but it does arrive in pajamas.

The bluing on on the barrel is ok. I seem some imperfections along the midrib. The wood is nice enough for me.

I recall the weight of the Light being about 7 pounds. I’ll weigh it again later to confirm. But the standard Hunter will be heavier.

I’ve been using my Hunter Light for sporting clays. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Back