Browning 725

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick s

Has anybody seen the new browning 725 with low profile action and new trigger mechanism, they have also lightened the barrels and taken the flare out of them with thin wall chokes.Looks a quick gun.

Michael Yardley has been touting it on Facebook, it looks promising for the lovers of the make, low profile and flare reduction are both good moves. Not keen on the low rent pressed chequering, personally I'd rather have classy or nothing.

I was seduced by the low profile action and superfast "lock time" of the cynergy, what a mistake that was. Jumpy thing that shoved all the recoil pretty much through the top lever and smashed more than a few people in the face. In my view, please mr browning/miroku stick to those lovely deep actions that work so well and leave the slimline version to berreta, they have been at it for years and do it soo much better /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

I do believe the Cynergy behaviour is more to do with the radical (read pointless) stock shape to be honest Fuzrat, also they're not particularly beefy so don't absorb recoil all that well.I really like Brownings and Miroku but invariably felt their action height produce a little more flip than you get with low profiles.

I was a fan of the old miroku 3800 but  didn't like the mk38 just never  felt the same  im not sure why browning are going towards a more wippier gun, personally i like a gun to feel more solid.

You may be right with with the earlier stock shape with the "humped" comb but I had the pro sport adjustable with a conventional comb. Used to come home from shooting with a swollen face even after I dropped to 24 grammers, I have never been slapped in the face before or after that gun and I know a lady that used to wear a gumshield shooting hers as it rattled her teeth /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif we both chopped in for ultra xs and problem solved. Not sure how I feel about the flip aspect, Ive shot both Browning/Miroku and Beretta in my long but very un-illustrious career and didnt feel there was a lot of difference between the two. I think Browning and Beretta both have themselves excellent time proven actions and I just hope Browning have learnt from the Cynergy and done some extensive R&D on this new one.

It is just another Knock-off Browning with parts from ???? that will develop all sorts of hicks! There is not much of a engineering and testing facilities for long term testing at the firm compared to the other B! Browning is and was the non military sports devision of FN. It has NEVER manufactured ANYTHING! It is only a name brand such as Tasco or Bushnell. So, it can be a Moroku or a Portuguese assembly of components from ???? It will never be a B25! It is a want-a-be! Just like a Chinese copy of whatever! The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

yes. I've had the opportunity to shoot both the field and sporting editions. Very nice handling shotguns with a tad lighter feel and crisp mechanical triggers. Here in the states the new 725 retails for less money than the present 625. But, the 625 will be phased out with more 725 iterations expected soon. I still shoot a 1993 B325 and wouldn't consider upgrading to the newer 725, but that's just me...

I don't think shaving a couple of mm off the top of the action frame makes it low profileand in fact I don't think the old profile was really the problem. The things that turned buyers away from most of the Brownings and some Mirokus was the weight distribution, balance and dire triggers. The triggers are better on later guns, and the MK38 has had lighter barrels and better handling for years. Browning may, just may, be smelling the coffee at last and starting to offer guns again that people actually want because they shoot well, something that really hasn't happened since the 325.

They can't live forever selling to people who'd buy anything just because it has Browning written on it, and after the train wreck of the Cynergy they badly need something to go right. I wish them well with the 725 but it's not really much more than an MK38 with a Browning badge, something they could have had years ago.

I'm waiting for the sub-gauge versions of the new 725, like a nice 20 or 28 gauge. Then, we should have something to talk about...

I'm waiting for the sub-gauge versions of the new 725, like a nice 20 or 28 gauge. Then, we should have something to talk about...

Do they offer these with trap furniture your way Slugo?

No. We have the basic field grade with 26" or 28" barrels, or the sporter with 28", 30" or 32" ported barrels. Nothing really special...

Don't like the prominent palm swell on the 725, its light and livly, comes to the shoulder well and points nicely, but going back to the 325 would still be a step forward.......I wouldn't buy a 725.

I used the sporting version at the weekend. I love the palm swell really liked that touch. Mind you I like a bulky chunkier versions of most of the brownings that is why I shoot a 32 inch Trap Gti and a 425 Trap as well.

Obviously this test gun was a 30inch barrel but did not really notice that to be honest.

One thing I noticed was the fore end style which is another different aspect this was to small in length for how i hold the gun so my fingers were touching the barrel all the time!

Obviously it came up very flat and the stock was noticeably shorter but these are all things you could get right if you bought one from new.

The one thing I noticed was the recoil was pretty bad but as the gun didn't fit me in the stock then this is to be expected.

I shot it well shot a 24ex25 at Compak with it and this was the layout I shot 25ex25 in competition a few weeks back so nothing wrong with that!

Personally it just did not do anything for me to say, yes you should buy this! I think my 425 and Gti look just as good and if I had the money for what ever a 725 costs new (which i have no idea howmuch one is new?) Then I would buy a used Browning in an older model with a nice bit of wood on it!

Glen.

I've seen them at the Newark show and Kibworth gun shop has several in but I haven't even been inspired to pick one up. OK you could argue that it's what a gun shoots like that is most important but I don't like the look of the gun. To me it looks like a cheap sub brand.

Medalist standard looking but the feel of any of the 325, 424 range!

I guess you could get an all singing all dancing one! Like I saif nothing wrong with how it shoots but for the shooter I guess it is aimed at, ie starter to progresser then I am sorry you would have to go with an old faithful like the MK38 or 425. Good second hand guns at affordable prices. The 725 just lacks new features to me the only thing i notice is - Palm swell and foreend so why would anyone consider that over a good used one? My father has an MK38, 34inch used with a nice palm swell and nice wood! Now I would take that all day long.

Glen.

I had a look at one recently and my first thought was 'cheap and nasty'. It does not have the quality look of a major manufacturer, more of a copy from the far east. That said, I was talking to a chap last week who uses two K80's and is a top trap shooter, who tried one out a few weeks earlier and was so impressed with the 725 sporter that he is going to buy one. He said the handling was superb. I still think they look crap.

On another point, my wife used to shoot the cynergy trap with no problem at all, no felt recoil on fast 24g a little more on 28g but nothing that bothered her, she does however prefer and love her 3800 trap.

Phil

I think a Cynergy is right up there with three wheeled cars and low-alcahol lager. Some interesting mechanical features, but visually brave and with the weight distribution of the average pendulum. If somebody gave you one for free, you could probably stick enough lead in the stock to make it work, but hey..

The 725 seems to hint at Cynergy styling, enough to put me off..

CSC3

Latest posts

Back