Browning adjustable comb

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRINITY

Hi guys got a B525 with the Browning adjustable comb , the one where the adjusting screw is in the top of the recoil pad. I am sure the system is in use in all 525/725 guns nowadays that are adjustable. However I find that after a while if I raise the comb it gradually slips back no matter how hard I tighten it. I now have reverted to using spacing washers, a bit of a faff but it has cured it. Just wondering if anyone else has found the system slips down after a while if used without washers.

Yes. Two of my mates had the same problem and sold them eventually. Mine had the conventional system which seemed fine. I can't see how two holes in the side of a comb detract from the look of an out and out clay gun.

I'm told if you want to add all the stock weights in an ultra (most do) and use the comb fully down, that's not possible either. Seems a fairly blatant design fault.

PM.

Not had a problem with my Prosport. It’s stayed the same since it was fitted for me.

I had a Prosport and never had a problem with it dropping, had a ultra as well and didn't have a problem with the weights stopping the comb from going right down either

I too have a Prosport and have not had an issue with the comb mechanism slipping, maybe your not cranking it up enough?

Take good care that you are not stripping the bolt.

I did that because my comb keept creeping down and to the side - 525 SL.

I need both a new bolt and the part it screws into. The answer from Browning. We dont have that part, you have to buy a new stock!?

I know there are aftermarket parts to convert to screws in the side made in the US, but no one has shipping available to europe.

That system sucks!

Hi guys got a B525 with the Browning adjustable comb , the one where the adjusting screw is in the top of the recoil pad. I am sure the system is in use in all 525/725 guns nowadays that are adjustable. However I find that after a while if I raise the comb it gradually slips back no matter how hard I tighten it. I now have reverted to using spacing washers, a bit of a faff but it has cured it. Just wondering if anyone else has found the system slips down after a while if used without washers.
I have the B525SL which has the same system. It does tend to move over time. I'm also using using spacers which has also cured the issue. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had the same problem I removed the comb and retaining blocks and degreased both parts reassembled and haven’t any movement since the stock weights have to be positioned so as not to block the legs of the comb bit of a pain but not difficult

Maybe a newer model. I have a 17 year old Ultra XS with adjustable comb and have never had issues with it coming loose.

The Browning adjustable comb set up is very poor design I rejected a 525 after returning it to Browning several times i was advised to use washers to stop the movement. I then bought a MK38 & had it fitted job done 👍

My 2014 Ultra XS comb moved over a couple of hundred shots, so I fitted washers and it's been fine since.

Latest posts

Back