Browning 725 G5 or Krieghoff K80 Sport

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmac1

Hi Guy's. Here a can of worm's. I'm the lucky owner of a 725 G5 and the Heritage 2 sporter. I do shoot these quite well but been looking at the Krieghoff K80. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice?

What I was thinking of doing was putting the two Browning's in part-Ex for the K80. Would It be the right move?

Thanks, Malc

Would you sell two Honda's to buy one Cadillac ? Saying that, I'd prolly do it.

Hi Guy's. Here a can of worm's. I'm the lucky owner of a 725 G5 and the Heritage 2 sporter. I do shoot these quite well but been looking at the Krieghoff K80. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice?

What I was thinking of doing was putting the two Browning's in part-Ex for the K80. Would It be the right move?

Thanks, Malc
You will find out after you do it. if you have never shot a K80, then try it (one) first. Fabulous in some hands and less so in others.

On the basis that I reckon you'll shoot better using one gun. Do it.

BUT (of course there was going to be a but) are you sure the K will improve or hinder your shooting? ie have you had a good go with one?

Never tried a kreighoff but must be doing something right as I seem to see a lot about nowadays.

There were quite a few at Oakedge yesterday......I felt like a poor relation.....

Sporting clay shooting success formula:

Gun brand 2%

Gun fit 5%

Choke brand/ choice / selection / type of little case they come in 1%

Glasses lense tint, in extreme conditions of contrast need/ glare reduction 5%

Combined package of all other extraneous shooting accessories, from skeet vest to toe protector 2%

Familiarity and experience of using the gun that you are shooting 10%

All behavior, movement and other actions caused by the person holding the gun 75%

Keep perspective folks..

Sporting clay shooting success formula:

Gun brand 2%

Gun fit 5%

Choke brand/ choice / selection / type of little case they come in 1%

Glasses lense tint, in extreme conditions of contrast need/ glare reduction 5%

Combined package of all other extraneous shooting accessories, from skeet vest to toe protector 2%

Familiarity and experience of using the gun that you are shooting 10%

All behavior, movement and other actions caused by the person holding the gun 75%

Keep perspective folks..

Did you know, that 89.68% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Well those certainly were.. but I have been through the "I will purchase a good score" door. There was nothing on the other side.. :)
Will, with your gun you'd be mighty stylish shooting a poor score!   :biggrin:

Thankfully we know that you don't. :bow:   So would you do as well with a  Baikal?

To reply to the original poster, despite my liking for Berettas, it would break my heart to sell two good guns like yours to buy one like a Krieghoff. (Firmly in the Ips camp on Krieghoffs I'm afraid).

Will, with your gun you'd be mighty stylish shooting a poor score!   :biggrin:

Thankfully we know that you don't. :bow:   So would you do as well with a  Baikal?

To reply to the original poster, despite my liking for Berettas, it would break my heart to sell two good guns like yours to buy one like a Krieghoff. (Firmly in the Ips camp on Krieghoffs I'm afraid).
I bought a K80 when I was a year in to comp shooting. I improved with it; but I now suspect more slowly than I would have done if I had stuck with my Browning. The point is, handing over a ton of cash wont buy you a score. (Well it will if you spend it on intensive great coaching and practice, but that takes time too..).

Put it this way, I have a sxs that I shoot once a year at the EJC European Championship. It does fit me OK. The shoot takes place on the same course as the ESP reg shoot and I usually hit about 5 fewer clays with my sxs which is neither a better gun, nor something that is similar to my Perazzi.

I never did hit scores with my K80 the like of which I can now hit with my sxs; but clearly the reason for that is the sxs has somebody holding it wth another 6 years experience.. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks, Malc
Having seen you shoot Malc I would stick with what you've got. I certainly wouldn't get rid of your Brownings until you've given a Krieghoff a good trial. :fie: :fie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all. Does anyone want to lend me there K80???? :crazy: I'll look after it....Honest, I will. :prankster:

Malcolm, 

I think you should buy the Kreighoff, you deserve each other.

They do some very nice ones now with brilliant wood and engraving starting around £12K but you really need to go to about £30K to find one that you will be pleased with. Obviously they take a bit of getting used to so you will need to shoot about 300 to 400 cartridges a week plus the monthly or fortnightly obligatory lesson.

No doubt about it, if you are a serious clay shooter, you do need to be seen with a K80. Whether you're any good is a different matter entirely.

It was noticable on Sunday the number of Guerini shooters wearing Perazzi and Kreighoff Skeet vests or Guerini's in Kreighoff gunslips.

Is that a fashion statement?

Mind you Peter that's got to be better than having everything that matches and then not being able to shoot..

Oh...err....that's me then...

Malcolm, 

I think you should buy the Kreighoff, you deserve each other.

It was noticable on Sunday the number of Guerini shooters wearing Perazzi and Kreighoff Skeet vests or Guerini's in Kreighoff gunslips.

Is that a fashion statement?
That's because they probably realise now,that for the same money they could have got a tidy beretta that was actually worth something second hand, .

gun shops in my area won't entertain part x ing a Guerini. I had to take a £600 hit to shift mine on ( had it 2 weeks )

Latest posts

Back