British Shooting Show interviews

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Lars. As it happens I am hoping to do some more stuff on accessories this year, indeed one of the reasons I wanted to do the show was to actually get some face time with manufacturers so they can see who I am and what I am doing. At the moment I hate asking for stuff to review as I feel like just another youtube freeloader expecting free stuff but equally I cant afford to keep buying things to make content for the channel. Hopefully there is enough momentum that there is a degree of legitimacy for GunShorts but meantime it's a balancing act.

Tune in tomorrow as the next 2 interviews are with Croots England (leather goods) and Ridgeline (hunting / outdoor clothing).

I have also spoken to Ed Lyons about working with him on an eyewear roundup type of thing in the near future which I hope will prove interesting.

would be great you and mr lyons   on shooting eyewear  as many shooters use contact lens and shooting glasses  I for one would  be  very interested !   :rolleyes:

Yes. I understand you can't buy it all with your own money. That is what I meant with this sentence. 

I have no doubt that soon some of the companies will figure out what you do
I do really hope that you will have them send you loads of stuff to try and review. Then just send it back when done (and make sure you say it in your videos). There is a guy that has very good blog and reviews on kit for triathlon, especially watches. He gets products from all the big companies (garmin, tomtom, suunto and so on). But he will always send it back, so no one can say he has been paid off to make good reviews. DC Rainmaker is the name. 

Again I have no reason to believe you'd fall into that trap of being paid off. I hope that I have made that very clear. And as a consumer I'm very happy with your reviews, they seem unbiased. And you don't have to make good reviews in order to sell advertising space to the same companies as you are reviewing. 

On that note, I hope the company that give you the loaners receive a fair amount of business for their generosity to lend you their equipment (and cleaning expertise  :)

Tune in tomorrow as the next 2 interviews are with Croots England (leather goods) and Ridgeline (hunting / outdoor clothing).
Looking forward to that. 

Lars

Last edited by a moderator:
Great videos, Lloyd! Keep at it! The Beretta Terminator gun looks like an outstanding bit of kit for a serious competitor even though I am not really big fan of that fully adjustable stock appearance, being I am a sucker for a classic looking English or Turkish walnut. Longthorne guns are pretty good looking too although they do not seem to be suitable for competition. I wish I could afford one of those :)

My 725 is a lovely looking gun, the grade 5 is very nice looking indeed, it could just benefit from an adjustable comb and the weight balancing system. Mine weighs In at arouns 8lb 2oz which is pretty much ok for me, but it is a fair bit shy of DT11 and K80 Supersport weights. It does make a very good all rounder.
You get the Adj comb and weight balancing system on the Pro Sport. I bought one a couple of weeks ago, really like it.

I'm wearing Ridgeline for the first year this year.  3 hours in a high seat last Saturday evening out waiting for Boar.  Thick frost forming on the ground and yet I was absolutely toasty. Cracking stuff. 

I know I'm a newbie here but I have found Lloyd's reviews really very good.

On a watch forum I belong to, there's a guy that does so many excellent reviews that they have given him his own sub forum. So I am wondering if maybe the same sort of thing could be done here?

Something like:   The Lloyd Pattison reviews/topics/whatever.?????

We would know where to look and Lloyd would know where to post.

Just a thought.

What a dreadful gunmount displayed in the Liberty video ????? Wonder if she bought one because it fitted her so well ?

Latest posts

Back