Bisley Shooting Ground - Pay and Play

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonSkeet2

I was invited by a friend to go and shoot some Sporting at Bisley today so happily went along.We went and got our counter, you need to take your SGC and also have proof of insurance otherwise they won't let you shoot and you will also have to leave 1 SGC as a deposit for the counter.We then headed out to Long Siberia which is about a mile off the Bisley Camp, parked up and kitted up.We headed out to the first stand and were greeted by a couple of soft floppy birds which pretty much seemed to remain the theme throughout with nothing even semi rangy or quick, there was a quartering midi which was OK.. I would reckon on the first 8 stands I'd dropped maybe 1012 birds out of 80, killed all the rabbits.  The last 2 stands were actually on a par with some of the registered shoots I have attended, driven bird off a 160ft tower which I finally hit and then a looper at 45-50 yards.The staff were very friendly, there are delay timers so you can shoot on your own but there is no way I would go back and shoot the layout they had on today, don't get me wrong I had a great time with Gav who was christening his new custom Perazzi and enjoyed the shooting but didn't feel challenged at all.  We walked past a few stands as they were the same.Overall, nice ground, no mud and all hardstanding but very very few registered standard targets. Jon.

I last shot there about 4 years ago when a mate wanted a same day Gordon Swatton service on his custom 682. What spoiled it for me was the fibre restriction but most of the stands were actually perfectly pitched we thought.  Unfortunately as with all pay and play layouts there is that sterile feeling to it all as you don't get to meet and chat with either trappers or other shooters.

Back