Biodegradable wad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And they all lived happily ever after... except for the ducks :lol:  

This is just my incredibly narrow minded view but I care as much about protecting the planet for the adorable future generations about as much as they care one about me... not one iota !  :lol:

Here is the view of the majority of the young about those who are older and retired... they are a burden on every section of the social scale! Now when I was working and paying my taxes that helped get them through school and then on to university that was different... now that I no longer work or pay as much tax as I did and from time to time have to make use of the services I helped to pay for I am an unwanted burden. Now if we look at those young graduates the first thing a lot of them did when they finished their education was took time out to travel the world rather than get a job and  become productive ! :lol:

I will say however that I am very lucky to have been born when I was, my dad and many dads just like him helped not only to win a war of freedom over tyranny but he then worked hard to get the country back into shape after it. I carried that on like many others of my generation and reaped the rewards of those who went before me and what I had done myself... and managed to retire early a great bonus! I suppose that is one smirk I have on my face at times... I know that very few of these moaning shirkers will have the same chance to do that :lol:

Here endeth my bitter tirade for the day  :lol:

John,  I have to admit that I have to agree with everything you say.  'Cept I didn't get to retire early unfortunately.  I may not be quite so cavalier about the planet but that would be in the interests of most anything but people - who in the large have demonstrated a total disregard for anything but themselves.  The very thing that gave us covid-19.  When I was in grad school I read a paper that typified humans as an evolutionary failure and general disaster.  Haven't seen anything to contradict that. 

better let it go at that   :lolu: :thumbsu:

Do you retire with a company final salary pension, which seems to be the main point on contention with young workers today.

I was on one but Mr Brown ended that one as with many others, what a lot have now I'm afraid is poor paying jobs with no pension to speak of at the end of it, companies that don't care one bit about their employees only the share holders, many unable to afford to buy their own house due to private rent being so high and deposits set so high that paying rent and saving for one is virtually impossible, no wonder they think the way they do.

5yrs until I retire, but my morgage was paid by the time I was 50, small pension at 55 from a previously nationalised company when I was made redundant when it was privatised, small penision due from the company that I then moved too after ( was a final salery but see previous comments) in 5yrs so all in all I think we did have the best deal

As the a biodegradable I assume they will have to have use by dates. This could cause all sorts of issues around safety. 

Regarding ColinD comments around retirement. Anybody that now is old enough to be in the baby boomer generation have had the opportunity to receive pension benefits like those now rapidly disappearing. 

I remember an old manager at a former nationalised company telling me at a retirement party around the early 1990's.   All the people retireing from the mid 80's to then should be grateful. And that Never have so many been given so much for doing so little. Something that went on until the early 2000's. And yes Mr Brown ruined the whole thing to the point that pentions are very poor now 

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnnie Walker are just about to start bottling their brand of Scotch in paper bottles!

Charlie beat me to it! Obviously likes a shot now and again... and again. :lol:
It would be better on draught.............just take yer own container  !     😋

Ball locks. 

I mean, I’d be interested to know more about this new paper board that doesn’t need a plastic coating, but currently “recyclable” paper coffee cups are in fact not. Well, you can tear off those corrugated outer sleeves and the plastic lid can be recycled. The cup itself however cannot. Yet how many end up in the recycling bins? 

A good friend of mine is an environmental consultant  has worked for google, Nike, PepsiCo, Walmart et.al  he talks often of companies “greenwashing” their products to make them sound socially responsible when OMG act they’re often taking a worse route and pouring out propaganda to make larger profits.

This glass recycling carbon footprint rhetoric smells a bit fishy sure, melting down glass has high carbon input due to the heat, the material however can be recycled many times with little degradation, unlike plastics  and doesn’t anyone remember the days you sued to wash out bottles and leave them for the milkman to collect and reuse? Not a huge footprint  as a kid we would take our pop bottles back to the corner shop and get a 10p refund and we’d jack ourselves up in sugary penny sweets.

Most of those I see,  wind up on the street   ! 

Latest posts

Back