Beretta 682 gold E sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7iain7

Hi, Over the years I have shot a few gold E's and really rate them.

I was wondering which of the current Beretta,s most resemble the 682 gold E. (possibly the 695?)

I know the 686 evo is similar but it does not have the screws in the trunnions that 682 694 695 DT11's have.

ata Iain

Depends what you mean by resemble. The Gold E was built by gunsmiths in the custom shop and was available in several different configurations. As such it was a proper competition gun, sold at mid range prices, but able to compete and win at the highest level in different disciplines. The Gold E also earned a reputation for durability and near total reliability and, added together, all these attributes meant that it was really popular and sold in big numbers.

For comparison with a Gold E sporter, I'd say the nearest current model would be the 694, but despite the marketing patter, at heart it's not really much different from the 692 which itself wasn't much different from the SV10 Prevail, and neither of these showed the least sign of repeating the success of the Gold E and certainly not across several disciplines.

Just chase down a pre-1992 682 of any kind and you will be perfectly happy.  AFAIC the wide-body 682 was never improved upon by succeeding models.  JMO of course

I Agree Wonko , I’ve had , ( and sold unfortunately) both the wide bodied 682 and and following slimmed down 682 Gold , the model before be Gold E .  I love the wide action gun , I still see mine regularly as I sold it to my best mate . In terms of wood quality and engineering it is superb . I recently sold the Gold , mainly because I had the stock modified for my wife some years ago , she stopped shooting and it was fitted for a lady so it had to go  . Again fantastic wood and engineering , bench finished in the competition department . 
If anyone is lucky enough to find a lightly shot gun from this era they are superb .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back