Barrels in your loft?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the he'll did you have to go and ruin it by bringing Jen wood (my tablet won't even let me type their name) into it for? Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
2 pints of lager shandy (with the umberella and cherry) and I could ruin anybody's night!!  xD

I have read dugs original post a few times and the more you read it the it makes sense. Of course imo it's only valid for trap shooters with a pedantic nature.

Poi and convergence would be a personal thing for those of us with enough experience and understanding of there own shooting so here goes ...

I would require fixed 3/4 full and as I take first shot quick and adopt high hold I would want first barrel poi to be 55-45 at 37 yds as I usually miss under due to lack of commitment on shot I would want second barrel poi at 75-25 at 50 yds

So barrel convergence would be an issue UNLESS I shot top barrel first. Hang on don't some perazzi trap shoot top barrel first and was convergence anything to do with the reason ?

The above purely to illustrate the validity of dugs post.

Could the other 2 planes be ....Wood and Air ????????

Do not know about 'Barrels in Loft', ............ more 'Bats in Belfry'

Last edited by a moderator:
So barrel convergence would be an issue UNLESS I shot top barrel first. Hang on don't some perazzi trap shoot top barrel first and was convergence anything to do with the reason ?
Yes Perazzi did once make a gun that fired top first, don't remember what model it was though. Fred will doubtless know which model it was! I think it was made in the late 70's or possibly the 80's. Only ever saw a couple of them.

I am not a perazzi aficionado but I thought they did more than one model les. I never understood the reason bit now I am thinking convergence and it makes perfect sence.

That dug bloke might be on to something :)

You can/could get any Perazzi in any firing configuration.  And there were a couple models that were top first as std. configuration.  One of the Mirages here was an obvious pigeon gun and it is top first - with a factory screw-in in the bottom(2nd) barrel so how strange is that?  The top first thing was a pigeon/OT thing when OT was still 36gm loads.  The idea is that bottom barrel's felt recoil is less (Not  for me but WTF) so an appropriate load for a first barrel kill in the top and the Zilla killer load in the bottom.  I suppose I might be able to tell the diff with 4dr loads but I never shot them and the 3 1/4dr things didn't feel different in different guns.  But that could just be me.

Convergence is a non-issue in any scenario.

Back