Was this your K80 ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have made the jump and bought a Kreighoff which I am thrilled with. The thing is I’m wondering if anyone on here knows of it as someone went to the trouble and expense of having a heel cap fitted with what I assume is there initials ? The longest of shots I know but intrigued to see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
It’s Bobby that mate! The wood’s gorgeous too. I’ve seen a few of your vids shooting this. Looks like it shoots nicely.
Thank you the wood was the main thing I wanted. There were a few guns in my price range but they had quite plain wood in my opinion. So settled on some nice timber and an adjustable comb. Ideally I wanted a multi choke too but that’s being sorted Friday so it will be off the channel for a while as Mr Teague is having it. And the wood is going to see the gunsmith at Thimbleby for some loving. Was hoping someone on here would recognise it from the real world but I will take a YouTube viewer 🤣 weird to think you have seen it there 😊

Nice thing . I recently sold a K80 to fund a game gun . Id had it for nearly 30 years . Best trigger pulls I’d ever used ! I’d recommend a phone call to Alan Rhone . They’ll be able to tell you the gun’s history from the serial number . They also have perhaps the best service department and machine shop of any importer , and can overhaul guns back to factory tolerances on every part . I’d also recommend ordering some spares of the little springs and balls that hold the ejectors in place ( and the punch and pins for taking the barrel hanger off if you’re an obsessive cleaner !)

Ps , just a tip , don’t snap the gun shut like you would with a Browning or Beretta , close it and then release the top lever , it’s a bit more sympathetic to the sliding top lock up !

Last edited:
Nice thing . I recently sold a K80 to fund a game gun . Id had it for nearly 30 years . Best trigger pulls I’d ever used ! I’d recommend a phone call to Alan Rhone . They’ll be able to tell you the gun’s history from the serial number . They also have perhaps the best service department and machine shop of any importer , and can overhaul guns back to factory tolerances on every part . I’d also recommend ordering some spares of the little springs and balls that hold the ejectors in place ( and the punch and pins for taking the barrel hanger off if you’re an obsessive cleaner !)

Ps , just a tip , don’t snap the gun shut like you would with a Browning or Beretta , close it and then release the top lever , it’s a bit more sympathetic to the sliding top lock up !
Yes 100% agree nothing has a trigger that feel quite like a Kreighoff. Good tip about the springs for the ejectors but mine is an older gun with the grub screw 👍🏼. It’s going to Teague this weekend and then hopefully to Alan Rhone for a service new trigger and barrel hanger after that. Good tip for closing the gun too might take a little getting used too though 😂

Good looking gun and I like the idea of such a buttcap. Given the screws, I'd take it off to have a replacement made in the same color/material. No idea who to ask though.

Good looking gun and I like the idea of such a buttcap. Given the screws, I'd take it off to have a replacement made in the same color/material. No idea who to ask though.
I was going to see if the guy who’s doing the wood had any ideas regarding what to do. I don’t really mind it to be honest it’s all part of the guns hostory I guess but it would be nice if I could have it replaced with one perhaps get the Kreighoff logo on it maybe. I like the idea of initials and this supposed to be a forever gun but iv had a good few of those prior to this 🤣

Cracking looking wood grain on it, James the woodworking gunsmith will know what’s needed. Good lad who does a cracking job.
You have a link to your YouTube channel ?

Cracking looking wood grain on it, James the woodworking gunsmith will know what’s needed. Good lad who does a cracking job.
You have a link to your YouTube channel ?
I am very pleased with the wood on the gun considering it was one of the cheapest I could find I thought get the best wood you can and spend the change on turning the rest into what you want ? And yes it’s https://youtube.com/@YorkshireClayShooting?si=NO9VRZJTX97JtFgN

👍🏼

Thank you the wood was the main thing I wanted. There were a few guns in my price range but they had quite plain wood in my opinion. So settled on some nice timber and an adjustable comb. Ideally I wanted a multi choke too but that’s being sorted Friday so it will be off the channel for a while as Mr Teague is having it. And the wood is going to see the gunsmith at Thimbleby for some loving. Was hoping someone on here would recognise it from the real world but I will take a YouTube viewer 🤣 weird to think you have seen it there 😊
You keep popping up in my YouTube shorts. Which is good!

I meant it’s Bonny (stupid autocorrect!)

So is there a way of me easily working out when my gun was made ? Or is Alan Rhone the one stop shop for questions of that nature ? I know it’s old as it has the grub screw ejectors but can someone in the know work out its date from the serial number ? Or the proof marks ?

So is there a way of me easily working out when my gun was made ? Or is Alan Rhone the one stop shop for questions of that nature ? I know it’s old as it has the grub screw ejectors but can someone in the know work out its date from the serial number ? Or the proof marks ?
For what it’s worth , mine had the push out ejectors , it was 38 years old . I owned it for about 33 years . however age is irrelevant given the quality of your gun the barrels are most likely Bohler antinit steel as used on beretta SO guns - the best . The Berlin Wall came down in 1990 so if your action says West Germany there’s 34 years plus .

For what it’s worth , mine had the push out ejectors , it was 38 years old . I owned it for about 33 years . however age is irrelevant given the quality of your gun the barrels are most likely Bohler antinit steel as used on beretta SO guns - the best . The Berlin Wall came down in 1990 so if your action says West Germany there’s 34 years plus .
That was my thoughts too. Seems to be information regarding the idiosyncrasies of these guns are hard to find. Which only makes me want to find out more. Would there be any way of telling if it had Bohler barrels ? There are very few stamps or markings on the gun only serial numbers what I assume to be the German proof marks and then what I believe says H Kreighoff W.Germany Ulm on the left hand aside top barrel although this is quite faint in places

Latest posts

Back