Was this your K80 ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my thoughts too. Seems to be information regarding the idiosyncrasies of these guns are hard to find. Which only makes me want to find out more. Would there be any way of telling if it had Bohler barrels ? There are very few stamps or markings on the gun only serial numbers what I assume to be the German proof marks and then what I believe says H Kreighoff W.Germany Ulm on the left hand aside top barrel although this is quite faint in places

From what I can tell, it should be stamped Bohler on the Barrels, if not then they are something else.
Beretta no longer no longer use it for SO barrels.
Looking at other forums it looks like Bohler steel has not been available to the gun making industry from around 2004. The reason in very vague. It could be down to cost as it was very expensive to produce but it is also said that the Bohler who produce the antinit steel just no longer supply the gun industry.

With ref to the steel type mine had it stamped on the barrels under the woodwork , but it’s not a given it will always be stamped . After about 15 years of hammering thousands of rounds through the gun , I actually drove to Wrexham arrived in the morning and had them look at my gun whilst I was there . They put in new oversize trunnions , machined the breech face , full service and back to me by 5pm ! I traded the K80 in December as it’s spent the last 10 years in the cupboard whilst I shot a Mk38 trap !

So it appears my gun was made in 1987 got to say even through my slightly biased eyes it’s in amazing condition and was last serviced by them in 2020 at which time it was brought up to current spec (which is why it has the new type trigger) as I wondered why a gun as old as I thought this one was had the t slot. Got to say just for shear getting back in touch within an hour Alan Rhone 👏🏻

Latest posts

Back