Bagging time

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon I see MASSES more cards binned to avoid embarrassment at low score than any other form of score abuse.

Whats this got to do with bagging, when someone fails to put a card in its because its a low score and they don't want to go down a class or have a poor score show for all to see. Bagging is when someone shoots at the sky because they know if they hit any more before the cut off they will go up a class. The cpsa write to anyone not putting a card in but do jack -hit about the other. And lets get something straight for all you out there, i am the first to say well shot to anyone putting in a big score, i love nothing more than to see a good shot shoot well, all i'm saying is get into your correct class. How many times do we see big scores in the lower classes at majors and no one knows them, it happens all the time.
You can also bin a good card to keep you in a low group as well as shooting at the sky.

I know what bagging is. I really don't give a sh*t. They can have the guns, money, etc.

As long as I'm smiling when I pull that trigger and the clay breaks I'm happy.

I can't wait to see the 5 names listed on here and the row that is going to cause.

Will - anyone can have a bad day. So why make it worse with the piss taking afterwards.

Ohhhhh and if the CPSA want to write to me for binning my property ie the card.

They can do what Henry puts so elequently - Fooooorrrrkkkriegorrrrff.

Back to the sodding decorating now or I won't be aloud out to play tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, even if that scenario about shooting at the sky existed,(which I very much doubt) it would be impossible to prove,So what could the CPSA do about it?.

Jim

Shooting the sky for a poor score is manipulation of your average. The non return of a card is a manipulation of your average . same thing just a different way of going about it .

Not sure what kind of an arse would deliberately miss or ditch a card. Seems weird to me and unsportsman like.

Ian.

I assume if bagging goes on they are not in it for the sport their in it for the money / prizes.

I personally can't see anyone doing it.

It's beyond me.

Pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppopcorn :wink: ....just saying

For sporting if they are in it for the money then they are very misguided.

I know some who like the kudos of being in a certain class so manipulate their averages by not handing bad cards in or shooting only certain grounds they can shoot ok at to stay in that class. It's not a real problem as they are really in a class higher than they should be so never win anything.

As for the others, a class win is usually won on a score that will put you in the class above. If throwing a couple of shoots keeps them in the lower class then they cannot be getting many class wins or shooting many shoots. Also the cost of throwing a shoot is the same as trying to win one so don't see much point. It's nice to be in a class you stand a chance of being placed in but trying to manipulate that over a years worth of scores seems a monumental waste of time and money just so you stand the chance of the odd win, and in all the class wins I have had I have never yet got back what it cost me to shoot the shoot in the first place.

I have read through this thread... WTF.........

I have been shooting at the sky since i was 10yrs old only every now and then the lead makes contact with the target !!!!!!!!! i hope i am in the top five as i love sand, i have a pit in the garden that i make castles and funny shapes during summer months (when i am not filling the sky with lead in order to miss something).

I also have a 8 leg scania with hiab i can run to local events foc easily carries 10 x 1ton dumpy bags. anyone wanting my services please pm me!!! please bring your own bags as these are hard to get at the moment seems to be 4 others trying for this business locally!!
Cant wait for dubai all that desert it will be heaven, I will definitely be shooting at that sky hoping too miss....

Bagging !!! Let me tell you this has gone on for years, shooters bag to stay in the lower class because quite honestly that's where they mentally believe there more competitive & chance of some coin !! Shocking eh but unfortunately true, I've known top shots shoot 300 targets to go down a class then shoot FITASC or just practice shoots for the time required (and I mean top shots) I personally have informed the governing body & been told 'proof' & 'what do you want us really to do' ! It's not just A,B & C class, a lot of top AA shots throw there lower score cards or fail to finish the shoot to nil void the card, this for ressons to be in AAA for sponsorship resons and coaching etc, this does happen good friends from grounds have said such & such card in bin shooting few stands dropped a few a obvious low score !!! We see all to many times Certain A class shots have carded high 90's at registered shoots beating top internationals then the following weeks get a nose bleed & shot in the 70's low 80's @ easier shoots, come on guys wake up, you don't go from 90's to 70's that is falsifying your score, top shots don't shoot high 90's then pop in the 70's for the next few shoots !! Big Jim has a good valid case with bagging but I don't personally believe you should be decriminating individuals on media, have a word locally to these guys you feel are Bagging and ask as it may be genuine !! But if it's blatant it's a different case & name and shame !!! Remember ground owners you can classify a individual on known ability ??

Binning a score card to avoid slipping into AA (or even just save face) for sponsorship/coaching reasons seems legit,  :mellow:  must admit years ago I saw it happen at a registered shoot that had been put on to ridicule everyone but it doesn't as some keep saying constitute cheating as in manipulating events to remain in a class lower than your capabilities. 

The question still remains, say you did manage to keep yourself in A, what exactly is the point ? How could you be so sure you'd win the next few events, particularly big ones, since winning scores are always well over the class cut offs and besides, who really needs a hundred quid that badly ?

Some of my own favourite moments have come when people run off from a shoot and bin cards that later turn out would have won them a few quid.  :lol:   :lol:

Thought that was called Birds Only... :laugh:

Oh how i cried.....

Anyone planning to do this I have a very sporting way that still allows you to try your best on every stand. Buy a £50 sxs Baikal with full chokes and a very short stock. Sandbagging and no one will know.

Bagging may have gone on 20 odd years ago when it was a tenner to enter and petrol was £1 a gallon. But today it will cost you 60 or 70 quid to shoot one shoot,If you win your class you might get your money back. Your not going to win every week, plus factor in the money you spent on the entries you have " bagged" you are onto a loser. Now am I being thick, or am I missing something?

Bagging may have gone on 20 odd years ago when it was a tenner to enter and petrol was £1 a gallon. But today it will cost you 60 or 70 quid to shoot one shoot,If you win your class you might get your money back. Your not going to win every week, plus factor in the money you spent on the entries you have " bagged" you are onto a loser. Now am I being thick, or am I missing something?
There's an idea Chris, instead of birds only we could enter a baggers class where you try to miss as many as possible to win hi Bagger !Even better the top fifty go into a super league to shoot off at the end of the season
All the ground owners have missed a trick here, don't tell Steve Lovatt!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back