Bagging time

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim french

A friend of mine has sent a prediction to the CPSA on the scores of five sporting guns leading upto the cut off.This will show that this current system needs to be changed if all five stay in there class. All five need to show a bad run of form, and so far they are.The names and how they did it will be posted on the forum after the cut off    if allowed ???????

£10 bet that they will ignore it and change nothing...!!

am i one of em ????/ would enjoy A class again but suspect it will still be AAA 

i cant quite understand why you would pay to go shooting to stay in a low class by missing target on purpose , i suspect i know who your freind is jim and could have a good geuss who the 5 names are , but i dont know the answer to change it without a big investment from cpsa to change the system 

am i one of em ????/ would enjoy A class again but suspect it will still be AAA

i cant quite understand why you would pay to go shooting to stay in a low class by missing target on purpose , i suspect i know who your freind is jim and could have a good geuss who the 5 names are , but i dont know the answer to change it without a big investment from cpsa to change the system
They have had major computer investment every year for gosh knows how long....(if you read the AGM accounts you can see the massive amount if money spent and if you trawl the minutes over the years you will find the reasons given for the computer infrastructure expense wanted....if any of you have time or inclination )I think what comes up all the time with classifications is that there are other ways of reinventing that same wheel....especially as the collection of scores has improved massively if grounds submit in a timely fashion. Will and others will be along soon with their re-addressing the classifications system ideas no doubt :wink:

I don't much like companies who I deal with saying things like ...

'no we cannot do that'.....I like ones who say..

..'oh for f -eck sake Nic...that is going to be tough...but lets see 'HOW' we can do it..!'

P.s. Steve....do you reckon you lost money due to the non-advertising cock up with your shoots? Or do you think that people spreading the word on social media who knew your dates or saw your posts....helped save the day?

Hope you got the dates confirmed that they are in the next mag.

Last edited:
Since you won't be able to prove wrongdoing be prepared for some dire consequences if one or more of those affected decide to sue for defamation.

I don't see how you could guard against a shooter actively shooting bad scores to preserve their class!? Someone willing to do that will find a way to 'massage' there scores!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a shocking round at Weston yesterday; recovering my brain about halfway round. Being a scores tracker, I knew that i needed to miss one clay on the last stand to get a score that would drop off my averages. Sorry, the desire to straight the stand wins.

Always ready to help if needs  be... :biggrin:

post-323-0-24042800-1413797390.jpg

Attachments

• Sandbagger.jpg
    Sandbagger.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 0
I've been led to believe that the CPSA don't actually own the Shoot programme that registered grounds use.  They just have a licence for it from the individual that owns it.  Surely something so key to the running of the CPSA should be wholly owned by them? 

Since you won't be able to prove wrongdoing be prepared for some dire consequences if one or more of those affected decide to sue for defamation.
Yes. Huge +1 Hamster.

If the OP post was intended to 'out' possible shooters that he considers sandbaggers then I suggest you do not unless you can prove it....without a shadow of a doubt...in a Court....where you could end up if any of your 5 see it.

There is always more to a picture than what is the obvious as seen by many. As I have no idea who your selection are, this is just general advice. But rest assure people will protect their position, reputation, whatever you want to call it.

You would need hard evidence ...and that does not mean hearsay from people in clubhouses...re telling and adding to stories about shooters form. You do not know if the 'teller' of the story has any agenda. And be sure that if it comes to a Court preparation....your tellers would disappear like the wind. Amazing how the 'tellers' stories change when they are asked officially to stand up and be counted.

Proceed with caution....or regret at leisure.

That is my advice...for what it is worth.

As for wanting the classification system to be changed for the better.....go for it.....it is from The Ark and probably run by Moses :laugh:

Absolutely no problem in running a beta version of the same years scores to see if it works I would have thought.....hopefully Matt will come along to say if that could be done sometime soon.

Oooooh just thought......a new Shootclay opportunity. See your scores here under a new classification system....then sell it to Cpsa....when the shooters have made it more popular or voted it to be fairer.

Thinking caps on experts...!

All a load of cobblers as you don't know what the cut off point will be.

I've been led to believe that the CPSA don't actually own the Shoot programme that registered grounds use. They just have a licence for it from the individual that owns it. Surely something so key to the running of the CPSA should be wholly owned by them?
You will be in trouble with Nicky for pointing that out Phil.... :laugh:
Of course you are quite correct. I was on the Board at the time when we found out by accident :wink: although i was not on the Board at the time this cock up of monumental proportions was done.....or you can be sure it would not have been done.

Cpsa employed the programmer to create a new system....donkeys years ago.....if i remember right he was an acquaintance of one of the directors at the time. I have no idea if he still is. They only thing they forgot to put in the package was the ownership of the cpsa intellectual property. Doh...!! When cock up found.....there was lots of wailing.....lots of promises to sort it out.....no idea if it now has been sorted out....as I then left the Board.

Representations were to be put to the programmer / designer to have back (no doubt at a cost) what was already ours.

For those who are really bothered...go check out the minutes...it will be there somewhere...... Oh.....hang on :wink: it will probably be only in the confidential minutes so will not appear on the website. So if you really are bothered about the answer....you could just ask Cpsa.

Or....

Maybe Nick could come on and give an update....now he has joined again :wink:

I must admit....I had forgotten all about that...as I do not really bother about classification....but now you have reminded me Phil, I would be interested to know....if we now own the main engine of the company.

Hopefully Nicky can use his forum membership (after he has done the not obligatory...but polite introduction in the 'New Members' section) and give us a prompt reply ....so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

Thank you very much in advance.

(P.s. Will you also PM me to tell me that my £10 is safe :wink: )

(P.p.s Think you have to post a few posts before you can use the PM)

Time ticking 10.57

Edited for typos.

Last edited:
Well whoever is administering the system wants a kick up the arse. Rugby&DTC upload scores on the evening of the shoot and the scores for the 12th October are still not on there!!

As for the system why not simply drop the cut off for non-qualifying scores to 5%. This would require a lot of sand-bagging scores to be submitted to affect the overall average and would be a truer reflection of a shooters form. And then update the averages every three months.

DT

Well will you folks please number your new suggested classification system ideas.....like Dog's being No 1.......or by the time this thread is a page 30 I will have forgotten which new new system is in in and which has been voted out out by the millions of likely participants :wink:

:laugh:

(Oh goodness is that the time....I must go do some real work. Ciao xx)

Last edited:
In response to the original poster.... 

I'm happy for you to name baggers/cheats - but not on ShootClay, I am not getting involved in court battles with people that have been accused on ShootClay - that said, my standard disclaimer is that everything here is the opinion of the writer and not the owner of the platform.

We have done the subsequent debate to death here - with some great ideas and solutions... no doubt all the CPSA hierarchy that log into the forum can pick their favourite to run with. 

Oooooh just thought......a new Shootclay opportunity. See your scores here under a new classification system....then sell it to Cpsa....when the shooters have made it more popular or voted it to be fairer.
Closer than you think.... time, investment and superpowers currently in short supply though

Latest posts

Back