B725 Prosport trigger issues

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting conversation there between Bebo , Westley & Myself.

Obviously we are all different , and I do find many 'K' owners are fiercely protective of their choice of gun, but I think it's possibly , having to justify their stupidity at buying one ( I've got two , and have had a total of seven). Without doubt they are vastly overpriced and in reality not all that good when you compare with a Miroku £ for £.

What people don't actually realise is that a Parcour is a cloned MK38.

I will concur that standard Miroku triggers leave a lot to be desired , but if reworked are exceptional , as good as any.

What people don't actually realise is that a Parcour is a cloned MK38.
I'll admit to never having even picked up a Miroku.  I was a Beretta girl before I moved to my K80. 

Did have a go with the OH's old 525 though, hated it, really nose heavy.

Such an absolute bargain!! 🙄 :no:
For something that I hope to be able to get enjoyment from for at least the next 20 years and will still have some value left at the end of that time, I didn't think it was too bad.

An interesting thread this.

725, ProSport, Miroku , Browning whatever brand have often been rubbished for their trigger pulls , but frankly (apart from the new models) most if not all have never been serviced . Compared with Krieghoff which recommend annual service , Perazzi which often break before a service is due , I think the Browning clones stand up well to scrutiny.

But what is a good trigger? Is it a crisp release , no free play etc. etc , it really needs to be quantified and then we can address the issues.

The two Brownings I've owned (Ultra XS Titanium Prestige and a 325) had the same issue and all the people that I regularly shoot with and own Brownings get an occasional 'stiff trigger'.   It's a Browning 'feature' IMHO. 

But what is a good trigger? Is it a crisp release , no free play etc. etc , it really needs to be quantified and then we can address the issues.
One that doesn't suddenly and randomly take double the amount of force to pull it, which I think is the problem this thread started with.

I'm not saying the Krieghoff are the only brand that don't have this issue, I never had that problem with my Silver Pigeon or DT10.  The DT10 did used to fall open occasionally on firing the second barrel.  New locking bar sorted it.

It seems common with Brownings though

The two Brownings I've owned (Ultra XS Titanium Prestige and a 325) had the same issue and all the people that I regularly shoot with and own Brownings get an occasional 'stiff trigger'.   It's a Browning 'feature' IMHO. 
I'm not sure why this happens because it isn't an issue with other makes such as CG who use a very similar design. What does affect it is how you pull the trigger; those who simply crush the trigger back against the stop don't seem to notice, but others such as myself become accustomed to the weight of pull and when it goes heavy it usually means lost target and often an unseemly lurch.

For me it's one of the 2 major negatives that turn me completely away from  Miroku/Browning.

I'm in the process of getting a new gun.  My previous gun was a 725 black edition.  One of the deciding factors for me was just how different it felt pulling the trigger on a premium gun. shot bebo's K gun, and a K gun with Ed, and a mates perazzi.  One thing that really stands out to me is just how crisp and nice the trigger pulls are on those premium guns.  Made my 725 just seem so agricultural. 

I never had an instance of the common trigger issue though. 

Both Krieghoff and Perazzi triggers are set up just on the cusp of unreliability , a very fine line between perfection and doubling . Superb when functioning correctly , but a nightmare if not .

Browning / Miroku Sears and Bents are totally different which by the very nature of their design allows lost movement and drag if not maintained , whilst still retaining a modicum of safety to prevent doubling . So it really is a case of making a choice . 

If a Browning has different feel between trigger pulls it is usually an indication of requiring fettling.

In most cases it is just a failure to release the trigger,i have several and it doesnt happen to me yet i have watched other people shoot and seen that they have not fully released.

NONE of you have lived until you have shot a GAT trigger, I start to pull the trigger on a Saturday to hit a target on the Sunday morning.......................bejeeeeeezus  !

Does the new 525 Sporter One have this issue? 2015 was when they changed to the adjustable trigger so don't know if pre or post version may be the trigger mechanism in question here or if it has something completely different?

Does the new 525 Sporter One have this issue? 2015 was when they changed to the adjustable trigger so don't know if pre or post version may be the trigger mechanism in question here or if it has something completely different?
No issue at all with mine.

The 725 Pro Sport uses an different trigger mechanism to the standard 525/Miroku guns . My buddy has been shooting a 725 Pro Sport for some months now without issue . 

Had a nice chat to a Browning Rep at the weekend . Don't think that they are not interested in listening to complaints , they are very interested and take each issue seriously , he mentioned some figures about these awful trigger pulls . Over 240,000 guns manufactured and something like 223 trigger complaints which they would like to address . 

I wonder how many Perazzi's have broken MX8 leaf springs , Beretta DT's that have opened after the first shot , and Krieghoffs that have doubled?

Just a thought.

Back