Another one gone

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Powell

Staff member
Sad to hear of the imminent closure of SW2000 SG. A Premier Plus venue and, since the closure of Mid Wales SG, the only one in Wales.

Thoughts are with the many Welsh competitors that are rapidly running out of venues at which to shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes another one bites the dust but tbh it’s not a massive surprise.The ground has been crying out for investment for a number of years now. The owner, Mike, has suffered some health issues the past few years and has been sidelined in the running of the ground.

Trap shooters will now have to travel far and wide to shoot.

What's the reason for closing?  I guess if it's for retirement it could be sold and contiune as a shooting ground.

Shot my First 25 straight at OT there so would be sad to see it close. 

What's the reason for closing?  I guess if it's for retirement it could be sold and contiune as a shooting ground.

Shot my First 25 straight at OT there so would be sad to see it close. 
Noise complaints and an ongoing battle with a neighbour. I understand a deal to transfer ownership of the ground has recently fallen through. It’ll now close in a couple of months time.

Sad to hear of the imminent closure of SW2000 SG. A Premier Plus venue and, since the closure of Mid Wales SG, the only one in Wales.

Thoughts are with the many Welsh competitors that are rapidly running out of venues at which to shoot.
Always sad when a ground closes mate. What is the reason for the closure? 
It’s rare to hear of new grounds opening up unfortunately, but in the current climate it’s understandable and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. So many issues are stacked up against shooting grounds, gun clubs and shooters in this country. 

So I see, plus all subsequent dates, the last two were definitely non Reg, perhaps the numbers dropped off or people complained

View attachment 9302
They just need to drag the shoot into the 21st century now. Go mad and move a cage, or allow themselves more than 90 minutes to set the whole course, those sort of extravagances. 

Or maybe put a few traps out in front of the shooters instead of making everything going away to make trap filling easier.
Everything going away???  You sure it’s not a trap ground? 😂

🙂 admittedly it isn't along the lines of EJ Churchill, Owl's etc, if they set up the day before the shoot, the traps would be gone by morning.

Everything going away???  You sure it’s not a trap ground? 😂
Feels like it, which is why I haven't visited lately.

It's not a matter of setting up the day before, just being prepared to move a few traps out into the field.  I stopped going because I think it was the last time I went that out of a potential 23 targets (they always have a following pair as well), 17 of them were either quartering away, overheads or teal/going away teal.  I shoot sporting because of the variety and there isn't much.

I don't disagree with any of the above but I'd still miss them if they stopped doing Reg shoots. I live in what appears to be the centre of a black hole as far as sporting shoots are concerned and there are occasions when they are the only place where I can get out for a shoot, also their ammo prices are competitive, I buy most of my ammo there these days.

😲😲 

then I guess I'm a lightweight ☺️
Nope, I'm just an idiot. If I want to avoid a long drive I stay relatively local and do the non-Reg comp at Willow Farm. At least a few of the targets will need a decent bit of lead.

Latest posts

Back