Am I too tightly choked

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to recall a former new forum member (who shall remain nameless) who always over analysed and tried to apply science to his shooting. Bored the pants off me and thankfully took umbridge when a few critisied one of his posts and has never been heard of since   :thumbsu:
Yeah I remember him too!  What a pain! He would ask a question and often would not like the answers he got, so then he would get all sh*tty about it. :haha:

Hi Andy

I am very happy to have found two grounds that are not too far away. One of the grounds is a big multi discipline affair but the other which has only sporting UT and OT has a much more friendly feel to it. I am going to shoot at my own club on Fridays and the following Saturdays at the smaller club I might even join there because I will be using the ground just as much as my own club. As to the competitions I will be doing some next year for sure. I think that getting out into competitions is great you meet a lot of other competitors and see how they approach the sport also don't have to win to enjoy them. I say that as someone who used to play a lot of bowling competitions I assume shooting will be the same.

No, no he wasn't devisive. Derek is a hero and his achievements were lasting. I exchanged Christmas greetings with him year before last to enquire what he thought of the current administration and direction. As Wonko confirmed he has to travel a distance even now in California to find some wobble trap. He was years ahead of his time. I think it was Jill StJohn that he married, can't fault his judgement.
Not only that Fred, I remember Derek as being one hell of a nice guy and always willing to help if you were having problems.

Not only that Fred, I remember Derek as being one hell of a nice guy and always willing to help if you were having problems.
Certainly from the articles written by him that I have read he comes across as being a very knowledgeable person. I have read most of the articles linked to his site and they have all been very insightful as to the world of trap shooting and his approach to it. I have definitely been given plenty to think about with respect to trap shooting. He was quite funny, and humble, in one of the articles where he went of abroad to shoot OT for the first time, referred to the first target as a " jet propelled aspirin tablet" .

I seem to recall a former new forum member (who shall remain nameless) who always over analysed and tried to apply science to his shooting. Bored the pants off me and thankfully took umbridge when a few critisied one of his posts and has never been heard of since   :thumbsu:

Just workout what works for you and stick with it until you don't improve any more, then look for the missing bit of the jigsaw to start improving again.

Take note, the above comment is from someone who bought a Perazzi thinking it would improve his scores. After six months practice with it my scores are now improving although I suspect that is more down to six months more shooting rather than a new gun. I'm sure if I had stuck with my Mirook my scores would be the same!...........if not higher !! :wacko:

There is no magic bullet, just hard work, good technique and practice.

An enlightened DT
One new comer who will admit he drove us mad with his enthusiasm I notice is holding fourth place in the Welsh rankings for the team of nine at the OT Home International next month. Well done Stu Dodd.

One new comer who will admit he drove us mad with his enthusiasm I notice is holding fourth place in the Welsh rankings for the team of nine at the OT Home International next month. Well done Stu Dodd.
Sorry if I bored you all. I would rather bore a few people being enthusiastic for a dying sport than make like a mushroom as never get enlightened.

Boring questions got me from zero to mid 80's average in OT and ABT in c12months so I am pleased.

Also made some great friends on the journey and owe Fred a lot for his patience.

Latest posts

Back