Alternative to CPSA

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for a viable UK wide alternative but that means a large financial backer so not much chance
True, but there is an alternative. As many of us know, they've been dodging criticism for years so the chance of any meaningful response to the comments placed here in extremely unlikely. The only way the CPSA will take notice of your concerns is to walk away. If enough do it then, perhaps things will change.

Last edited by a moderator:
True, but there is an alternative. As many of us know, they've been dodging criticism for years so that chance of any meaningful response to the comments placed here in extremely unlikely. The only way the CPSA will take notice of your concerns is to walk away. If enough do it then, perhaps things will change.
I honestly believe they would still take no notice and it won't happen because of apathy in our sport.

I really don't get it because as a nationality we rarely accept crap service without remonstration and results...not in this case though.

I did put up a petition which some may see as extreme but was really to gauge feeling and a whole 30 people signed it and it was spread about a bit.....so unless CEO and chairman go which they won't as they are to busy scratching each others backs it will not happen.

A friend has an apple tree in his garden , the fruit it bares look beautiful , red & rosey .

But you cannot eat them or use the apples .

They are wrotten to the core.

I honestly believe they would still take no notice and it won't happen because of apathy in our sport.
Absolutely and therein lies the problem. The vast majority of members are only in it for the insurance. They have no interest in the sports governance and don't give a toss what the board do with their money so long as they get what they've paid for.

The only answer is to vote with your feet.

Truth of the matter is in statistics.

Take the world's at Kelmarsh as an example:

Cpsa members approx 20,000

Kelmarsh, approx 1,000 people attended

Not everyone was unhappy, say 75% were unhappy

Effectively cpsa has pissed off 750 out of 20,000 shooters, how many of those die hard competition shooters are going to give up their membership purely off the back of that competion in protest, my best bet 1 in 50, I knew maybe 10 people that went, 7-8 were unhappy, none have quite over it and they won't as they enjoy registereds and other comps they need it for too much. So in effect cpsa loses 15 memberships out of 20,000 because of the poor worlds at Kelmarsh.

As above, i wont book any big stuff next year but someone will fill my boots so no net loss.

I do like the sundays and the scores and avg part, wife wants to shoot for county so my renewal is nailed on.

On balance, my refund for the STr at Kelmarsh was handles promptly and efficiently.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why joining either the Welsh or Scottish associations may be an alternative. You get the same benefits without stuffing another £60 is the CPSA's back pocket.

Absolutely and therein lies the problem. The vast majority of members are only in it for the insurance. They have no interest in the sports governance and don't give a toss what the board do with their money so long as they get what they've paid for.

The only answer is to vote with your feet.
The problem with that for me is at county level i like to try and put something back into the sport and it would be hard to do not being a member,at regional level its worth it to tell Bobbett what people/i really think as it doesn't seem most people have the balls.

People walking away won't fix it because enough won't do it so something has to happen from within.

Back