All Choked Up ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happens on paper matters not, it all comes down to Sunday, Bloody Sunday

I've tried them all but I stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill haven't found what I'm looking for.

The Sweetest Thing is the cartridge. However get the right choke because Sometimes you can't make it on your own.

You started it! :)

You know I can't understand why there isn't a shell or choke even, called Desiiiiiiiiiire.

I was wondering that. YOU TOO?

What happens on paper matters not, it all comes down to Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Pair of U2's give you The Edge.
These jokes are terrible - throw them a Bono

sorry couldn't resist - anyway, no worse than those  :lolu:   :lolu:

Chief,I have a flush 3/4 but when I used it I shot worse than when using the flush 1/2 so I would still favour the U2.

Vic.
Thanks Vic, take it was not extended 3/4 as you said your 1/2 was flush, I find Beretta standard Optima extended are overall very good either breaking or dusting clays at any distance,,,,,, no chips.

Oh and I am also looking for more 3/4 Optima extended chokes for my Saturday Silver Pigeon gun that Tom Young has just now to fit an adjustable comb to,,,,,,,,,,,,,wonder if he will take two pots of Face Cream as payment!

Chief,I have a flush 3/4 but when I used it I shot worse than when using the flush 1/2 so I would still favour the U2.

Vic.
Vic,may I suggest you shoot best with the U2 because it's the most open choke of the three?

Vic,may I suggest you shoot best with the U2 because it's the most open choke of the three?
Fair comment but before I had the Mullers and was shooting the flush 1/2, I shot better with the 1/2 than I did with a Beretta flush 1/4.

According to Mullers blurb the U2 is a combination of 1/4 and 3/8ths,something to do with the ceramic finish and undamaged shot I think.Don't ask me how that works 'cos the shot is still in the plastic wad as it passes through the choke.

The U2 works for me however it does it.

Vic.

According to Mullers blurb the U2 is a combination of 1/4 and 3/8ths,something to do with the ceramic finish and undamaged shot I think.

Vic.
its because the U2 measures about 12/13thou half way between nominal 1/4 (10thou) and 3/8 (15thou).

any impovements you have shooting whatever brand of choke is purely between the ears.

its because the U2 measures about 12/13thou half way between nominal 1/4 (10thou) and 3/8 (15thou).

any impovements you have shooting whatever brand of choke is purely between the ears.
As I have already posted on this topic, the U2 actually measures 10 thou of choke in my gun when measured in the correct manner with a bore micrometer. 

That makes it a quarter in anybodies language but you are right,it's what works for you.

Vic.

I have a set of Mullers and they do seem to pattern very well though to be fair my factory tubes and my set of Compnchokes do as well. However be very careful about leaving them in the gun for too long as the plier marks all over two of mine will attest to...and theres no other way of applying pressure. Just ask Ian at Wylye how much trouble I had getting them out! As I understand the issues with the early ones have been addressed now and if you like em then go for it, they are definitely the lightest on the market.

I am no metallurgist but I do know that Aluminium will corrode when attached to steel.  In the threads of both the choke and the barrel could there be a future issue here or for someone who does not take out their chokes and clean them regularly?

I hasten to say that I have not seen a muller choke and imagine that they are coated in some way but that this will wear off on the threads.

Robert.  The Ceramic/Teflon coating, would not appreciably wear over sufficient portions of the thread to be an issue.  The coating is VERY hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back