Adjustable comb or not

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom b

Hi just a quick question, Would adding an adjustable comb to a gun such as a Kemen reduce the guns value and/or ease of sale?

I've just bought the hard wear to do the job but before I take the stock to the bandsaw I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi just a quick question, Would adding an adjustable stock to a gun such as a Kemen reduce the guns value and/or ease of sale?

I've just bought the hard wear to do the job but before I take the stock to the bandsaw I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.
As long as the job is done very well I doubt it would affect the value. The gun would also need to be balanced properly once the adjuster bits have been fitted!

You may need a longer stock bolt depending on how deep you cut it. Don't make the comb to shallow as it will be uncomfortable on the cheek.

Don't forget to remove the butt pad and check whether there's just a small stock bolt hole, or it's been hollowed out to remove weight.

I've seen a quality Beretta stock ruined by the person doing the job when the top of the comb was cut off exposing a gaping hole.

The owner of the stock wasn't best pleased and after a kerfuffle finally got a new replacement stock from GMK paid for by the 'expert' doing the job.

What Phil said, have seen the very same thing.

Is that "I will post some pictures in a minute, AFTER I have stopped fiddling with the adjustable comb" then  ????

Before and after.

Only problem was where the but pad screw hole has been drilled to far but you can't see it when it's all together.

post-2428-0-09834700-1412886553.jpg

post-2428-0-04347200-1412886585.jpg

post-2428-0-45910100-1412886611.jpg

post-2428-0-18029800-1412886635.jpg

post-2428-0-86810200-1412886658.jpg

post-2428-0-68319800-1412886674.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 0
Nicely done...but why did you bother as the comb is set in exactly the same position as it was before the work was done??

Just kidding before someone leaps in.

DT

To be honest taking my own gun to the bandsaw was bad enough, taking someone else's to it would cause a bit of a melt down. It's surprising how much room for error there is in doing the job though.

I was quoted £300 to it done by a gun smith. With materials and my labour (which costs me nothing) the job would have been £100.

The stock was set like that for photographic purposes, I have now moved it for me as it was shooting very flat and to the left.

I was quoted £300 to it done by a gun smith. With materials and my labour (which costs me nothing) the job would have been £100.
So you'll do mine for £100  :thumbsu:   :thumbsu:   :thumbsu:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back