abt changes alledgedly

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DT is obviously made of sterner stuff.  Back in the day driving a couple hundred miles to a shoot was NBD.  Now that would be a 3 day shoot for me - one day there, shoot, one day return.  I have to think about it a while to get to driving 90mi to some primo fun times.  DT will reach that point eventually as well.  I prolly won't be around to hear it but I wonder who the pussy will be when he's 70 hahahaha

just sayin'

I am with you Charlie after 30 yrs of it I can just about bring myself to do a 100m round trip for practice on a sat, I ain't doing a 260m round trip for a poxy reg shoot on Sunday unless it means something and then its three day job with the caravan (trailer to you, like an airstream but not as silver looking) ha.

pussie maybe:)

Charlie

'Needs must when the devil drives' or words to that effect. If we want to shoot OT then it's 100 miles in any direction. Still keen enough to put up with it at the moment although I must say my enthusiasm is stretched somewhat driving home if I don't shoot as well as I hoped. 

Ask me after I have been shooting it for 20 years and the answer might be a little different!

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie

'Needs must when the devil drives' or words to that effect. If we want to shoot OT then it's 100 miles in any direction. Still keen enough to put up with it at the moment although I must say my enthusiasm is stretched somewhat driving home if I don't shoot as well as I hoped. 

Ask me after I have been shooting it for 20 years and the answer might be a little different!

DT
For an OT shoot, no problem travelling, as the nearest ground for practice or otherwise is at least 11/2 hours away....

I,am shooting the east midlands inter counties ABT next Sunday. As I only shoot it once every couple of years I probably won't notice any difference, so if anyone could come up with any comments about the changes it would be appreciated. Just so I can join in with the clubhouse conversation.

PS I used its not as good as it used to be two years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't think the new Ball Trap rules will be in use next weekend at Nottingham - I missed out on the Linc's team this year so won't be there - I'll be at Beverly Shhoting the 1st round of the ABT Winter series. 

I wouldn't think the new Ball Trap rules will be in use next weekend at Nottingham - I missed out on the Linc's team this year so won't be there - I'll be at Beverly Shhoting the 1st round of the ABT Winter series. 
This does not give us much hope when a regular ABT shooter cannot get in the Linc's team. Norfolk's selection consists of two questions. 

1. Have you got a gun

2  Can you get to Nottingham.

same here les.

I once made the mistake off getting off the ship at Agadir despite being warned against it. Did not like it one bit and was very glad to get back onboard.
I know what you mean !.................................... a bit like the Birkenhead Ferry really !

I think that they are already using the 'new rules' at the local ABT layout, certainly from what I observed  yesterday. I think the 'buzzer' that you speak of is wired direct into their ear defenders, judging by the number who shake their heads violently when they miss. I see that it must now be acceptable to walk from peg 5 to 1 whilst leaving cartridges in your gun too ???              Bring back the old rules,  hey ?

I know what you mean !.................................... a bit like the Birkenhead Ferry really !

I think that they are already using the 'new rules' at the local ABT layout, certainly from what I observed  yesterday. I think the 'buzzer' that you speak of is wired direct into their ear defenders, judging by the number who shake their heads violently when they miss. I see that it must now be acceptable to walk from peg 5 to 1 whilst leaving cartridges in your gun too ???              Bring back the old rules,  hey ?
Wes!!!!  Look mate you are treading on very thin ice here mate! Bring back old rules ABT, shells in guns from peg 5 to 1, buzzers? You are going to start ips off on one of his list escapades if you're not careful, you know how he loves his lists.  :D

Wes!!!!  Look mate you are treading on very thin ice here mate! Bring back old rules ABT, shells in guns from peg 5 to 1, buzzers? You are going to start ips off on one of his list escapades if you're not careful, you know how he loves his lists.  :D
I have yet to meet him and we are almost neighbours !     Does he walk with one too ?  :eek:

I am still hear you know, and reading every word. :)

Back