No Semi autos allowed ??

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter

No Semi Autos allowed ??
Anyone heard or been told about Semi autos being excluded from OSK and OT competitions in the UK or further afield ?
ISSF not allowing Semi autos at Olympic disciplines due to a change in Health and Safety rules.

Last edited:
No Semi Autos allowed ??
Anyone heard or been told about Semi autos being excluded from OSK and OT competitions in the UK or further afield ?
ISSF not allowing Semi autos at Olympic disciplines dew to a change in Health and Safety rules.

I can only presume this is to prevent spent cases littering the floor, which can be a hazard when walking between the firing points, especially on concreted ground. As long as they intend to have the same rules applying to ejector shotguns too, I don't see a problem.

Yes it's written in the issf rules. No semi auto or Pump action allowed.
I can only presume it's due to safety. Maybe the scatteting of spent shells but also maybe not being able to confirm if the gun is clear. The gun has to be emptied when moving from peg 5 to peg 1.
Apparently your not allowed to re load until you actually on the matt or marked area of peg one.
I've seen people pulled up by ISSF referees for placing Carts in the gun when waiting for the peg to become clear.

Yes it's written in the issf rules. No semi auto or Pump action allowed.
I can only presume it's due to safety. Maybe the scatteting of spent shells but also maybe not being able to confirm if the gun is clear. The gun has to be emptied when moving from peg 5 to peg 1.
Apparently your not allowed to re load until you actually on the matt or marked area of peg one.
I've seen people pulled up by ISSF referees for placing Carts in the gun when waiting for the peg to become clear.
It’s mainly because semi autos are banned in most countries where the world cups are.

I used a Remmie semi auto Trap gun for many years and won several competitions with it. Most grounds had cartridge stands at each firing point, and I would put 5 cartridges on the stand before I commenced shooting. I was able to see when I was due to 'Change' and would give that target 2 shots, regardless. My gun was then clear before I moved stands. The danger to other shooters was NEVER in the gun, but I witnessed a few incidents of people standing on a used cartridge case , which caused them to stumble as it rolled under their foot.

Latest posts

Back