70 bird Sporter today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley

Today, has to be the most enjoyable and productive days shooting so far.

I met with Skeet this morning and his mate Gary, in JJ's near Dartford for a days 70 bird sporting, we had a nice bacon sarny to start the day, had a good chat for about an hour, and off we went.

Now Skeet knows the score with me and my shooting and I must say, from the start of each target Skeet explained to me what the bird is doing and how I should approach it.

low and behold I'm hitting clays (yep that's right) I'm actually destroying targets, what a wonderful feeling it is.

See up till now I gone to shoots and not really had dedicated help, so I'm shooting around the target to try and find it, and if you've never had any direction it can be a long and costly learning curve.

Today however I'm very proud to say I got just over 50% of the 70 bird shoot, there are loads to work on that I just couldn't hit, but generally I got a picture of what's what, and I'm taking that to the next shoot to build on.

I would like to say I real big thanks  to Skeet for breaking his days shooting concentration to educate me, big respect to you mate, thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
Now do you believe that lessons are the way to start? Even if from a decent shot, if not a famous instructor. Glad you had a good day!

Cheers, I can appreciate most on here don't wanna see these posts as I'm just a newb learning, but it goes to show the quality of the members, on here who go out of there way to get in contact and help, great stuff.

Harley, your posts are very welcome. Personally, I am just keen to see a fellow shooter not do it in the hardest and most unrewarding way possible. It's all about enjoyment through achievement. As you say, this was your best day, because you learned stuff and hit stuff- excellent. All the best, press on!

Cheers, I can appreciate most on here don't wanna see these posts as I'm just a newb learning, but it goes to show the quality of the members, on here who go out of there way to get in contact and help, great stuff.
Disagree with that - I think people will welcome your posts, you are making progress and most people want to see beginners making progress! Congrats on a PB - and a 'good work fella' to Skeet for helping you!

Deffo agree on the lessons...

Was a pleasure to help you along. You are pretty natural with it, so that bodes well...I didn't really need to tell you much for most of them, just an idea where to start...you were bustin those rabbits, no problems!

That last stand was a total bar steward though!

I just feel a bit guilty, that two shots with my gun means you now have the expense of a recoil reducer to contend with!

Was a nice day mate, totally enjoyed it and happy to do it again. Cheers for brekky!

Keep it coming Harley and congratulations on a PB and congratulations to Skeet for having the patience and devoting the time to helping you.

Helping someone to improve is,in itself, very rewarding.

Vic.

Well done Harley & Skeet Uk, as others have said keep the posts coming, will be rewarding to see you progress.

Well shot Harley.

Keep at it.

And Skeet UK should be congratulated more guys like you Sir supporting beginners and growing the sport.

Disagree with that - I think people will welcome your posts, you are making progress and most people want to see beginners making progress! Congrats on a PB - and a 'good work fella' to Skeet for helping you!

Deffo agree on the lessons...
I stand corrected ;-)

Well done H! An echo to the other posts, keep it coming, it's good to see you're on the way. Big respect to Skeet, too! ;)

I disagree too Harley, we all want to see posts of you improving, hitting more, listening to advice, and enjoying yourself!!!

What we don't want to see are posts of you not enjoying yourself or saying, "I know I asked for advice, I know you all told me x/y/z, but I chose to ignore all the advice, went out struggled to hit many and almost pissed myself off into the bargin."

Well done on getting over 50%!!!

Well shot!!!!

Glad you enjoyed it and nice one to Skeet for helping out :)

I enjoy seeing your posts as you progress, this site is for everyone and aims to help :)

I was at Dartford on Saturday am briefly but missed you guys. Hope you enjoyed Kelly and Katies amazing breakfast :)

Jon

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

I read more than I post but have enjoyed your honesty, progress, updates and cheerful approach!!!

Keep the updates coming - that's why we love ShootClay, for everyone!

Well shot!!!!

Glad you enjoyed it and nice one to Skeet for helping out :)

I enjoy seeing your posts as you progress, this site is for everyone and aims to help :)

I was at Dartford on Saturday am briefly but missed you guys. Hope you enjoyed Kelly and Katies amazing breakfast :)

Jon

The fresh doorsteps loaded with bacon were great, shame we missed you, I'm looking at going back sometime soon, probably at the weekend

Cheers for the interest ya'all, I'm a bit like "Wow really" great site great people, cheers ..

Jon

Wasn't Dartford, was JJ's. I have not shot the sporting at Dartford, but I understand it has several tricky targets, which would not have helped Harley.

If we plan on going there for Skeet, I might drop you a PM, I know Harley is keen to learn the fine art of Skeet shooting:)

Latest posts

Back