410 vs 12 Bore (Pattern Test)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gun is off having some work done. On Saturday I did a round of clays with a 410 for fun. Bloody hard to hit anything consistently with it. Looking at the pattern at thevstart of that video I'm surprised I hit anything! 

Wow! I was nearly right!

I am NOT a big fan of Mr. Carrie, but, I have to agree with his findings (something that I have advocated for a good number of years, especially with a youngsters first gun).  At the risk of appearing to be totally PC, I do hope he has his gun insured. For such an experienced shooter to be seen ON FILM,  leaving a gun like that,  beggars belief  !

I am NOT a big fan of Mr. Carrie, but, I have to agree with his findings (something that I have advocated for a good number of years, especially with a youngsters first gun).  At the risk of appearing to be totally PC, I do hope he has his gun insured. For such an experienced shooter to be seen ON FILM,  leaving a gun like that,  beggars belief  !
best thing for you and your pals is to stop watching what seems to annoy you!   - if you look closely enough the guns are held to the plate that is one inch thick" by powerful magnets", and for the other fool who does not know how much i donate to shooting  (this includes youngsters and shooting charities !)  its about 15K a year, i do not donate fXXck all to the organisations apart from a one off to the countryside alliance of £1000 of which i have a gold tie pin to prove, but why should i have to prove anything to a set of green eyed twxts who do nothing at all to fight our corner, because of what i do - shooting in this country is getting stronger, overseas visitors are multiplying each year wanting to come and experience game shooting in our beautiful countryside "that might unfortunately fall in to Labour Hands" the more revenue we generate (especially overseas revenue) the more voice we have because neither parties would want to give something away that was generating billions!!

the charities i film every year "free of charge" donate millions, nobody knew about this or the extent of the monies raised till i decided to film it and let everyone know what good the shooting fraternity does every year year in year out without praise from anyone ! "because we are too frightened to brag about it" and to any safety aspect with my buildings - these are my private holdings this one in particular is 11 acres big and when my 120 staff go home at 5pm its all locked up with no access to anyone except me and my  fxxking film crew.

DC

best thing for you and your pals is to stop watching what seems to annoy you!   - if you look closely enough the guns are held to the plate that is one inch thick" by powerful magnets", and for the other fool who does not know how much i donate to shooting  (this includes youngsters and shooting charities !)  its about 15K a year, i do not donate fXXck all to the organisations apart from a one off to the countryside alliance of £1000 of which i have a gold tie pin to prove, but why should i have to prove anything to a set of green eyed twxts who do nothing at all to fight our corner, because of what i do - shooting in this country is getting stronger, overseas visitors are multiplying each year wanting to come and experience game shooting in our beautiful countryside "that might unfortunately fall in to Labour Hands" the more revenue we generate (especially overseas revenue) the more voice we have because neither parties would want to give something away that was generating billions!!

the charities i film every year "free of charge" donate millions, nobody knew about this or the extent of the monies raised till i decided to film it and let everyone know what good the shooting fraternity does every year year in year out without praise from anyone ! "because we are too frightened to brag about it" and to any safety aspect with my buildings - these are my private holdings this one in particular is 11 acres big and when my 120 staff go home at 5pm its all locked up with no access to anyone except me and my  fxxking film crew.

DC
David, you are from the same era as me and I enjoy that way of living.

I must admit I am a subscriber to Mr Carrie’s you tube channel. I like the pattern / cartridge tests , ok , it’s product placement but then again what isn’t in this day and age .The fact that he uses a Teague choked Miroku makes it quite interesting to me as I’ve got the same . I also think that his game shooting films are beautifully produced . Just for the record , I don’t know him , I haven’t shot competitions for years , but I have seen him shoot on the Wednesday FITASC that Kelbrook used to run 20 oddd years ago , even shot on the same squad , and the chap certainly was a bit useful back  then  ! . To me he just seems to be a self made man who can afford  to indulge in his hobby at the highest level and is sharing it on You Tube .  I can certainly see it being a very good promotional tool for the big commercial shoots to attract foreign visitors . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this really DC? Seems to ignore the points raised about 410 but go on about how visitors are flocking to UK, which suits him as he advertisers benefit.  I have an issue about this too, how many pheasants do these visitors eat? Just sport shooting for rich septics adding to the game mountain, ah well, will keep the incinerators at the beloved WP roaring all winter . Focused on generating revenue * apparently billions * (for advertisers) not ethical consumption of game not sustainable responsible beheaviour  ..Kerrrching!

And what charities are donating millions?

i don’t believe this is DC anyway 

Well said Mr Carrie

I for one am an avid watcher of your wonderful countryside videos.  I am the son of a former Gamekeeper and the life was hard work and wonderful. I am now a Senior Engineer Designing the very car you choose to drive to your shoots in!  I crave a house back in the countryside once again.

In the 90's the game shooting took quite a dip and the countryside suffered as a result.  Public houses and Inns all suffered.  Valuable income to the outlying countryside dried up and the wildlife suffered as a result of the lack of wood maintenance.  Vermin multiplied and the songbirds disappeared.  Like it or not, we as humans are here to stay and if we are to enjoy our wonderful land, we have to maintain it.  Mother Nature will find a way, but it will take a long time.  With the increase in the interest in Game shooting again, the countryside is more manicured and the songbirds are returning.  Deer have never been so plentiful, I have not seen so many Peregrines, and there are now jobs and careers for those who wish to stay in the countryside.  Public houses now have clientele and the hospitality is improving with wonderful menus for everyone to enjoy.  

I applaud you Mr Carrie.  I applaud your enthusiasm and financial support for our wonderful country.  I applaud your care for the game you take and the concern you give to ensure that your gun, cartridges, and yourself, are able to kill the game cleanly.  Well done sir.

Me and my dog would love to shoot alongside with you one day.  But Beware, he drinks almost as much beer as me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back