3 shoots = 299X300

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hnachaj

Congrats to GD MBE to shoot three shoots today including Hodnot and coming home with a 299x300! It will be a LONG time before somebody can even think of coming close to that! Besides, it will NEVER happen across the pond!

Henry

Congrats to GD MBE to shoot three shoots today including Hodnot and coming home with a 299x300! It will be a LONG time before somebody can even think of coming close to that! Besides, it will NEVER happen across the pond!

Henry
Out of this world doesn't come close to describing this casual feat. Few can do this with DTL or Skeet targets, and it isn't even the first time he's done similar things.

I would just like to spend some time inside his head / behind his eyes to see how the heck this works. It's not how to shoot clays (I can do that a bit- and can rationalise the fact I need to improve my method on some of the tough ones) it's just the completeness of avoiding what we all call the "silly" misses.

He knows his own game inside out, out of the shoulder, pre mounted, fast, slow, you name it. We have to stop and think but he just knows the correct method and tempo. Yesterday we had a really testing stand with a teal trap set 25 yards in front throwing upwards, away and to the right with another closer throwing a flatter teal towards the other trap so angled slightly left as a PAIR. Neither could be shot at any closer than 35 yards first barrel but the further bird seemed to be the one most took first but of course the second was by now curling and a long way off, left too long you were looking at 60 yard dropping clays.

I scrambled a horrible 6 trying both ways, a friend shot a good 9 (he was second on 88 when we left) GD stepped up and shot the left hander first and the second barely further than where I took it as the first bird ! You have to have seen the whole layout to understand the enormity of shooting ALL of them, I straighted 2 stands. 

Would have been great to see. But try and follow it? Sigh..

On a really good day for me, I will miss 2 "unforgivable" targets. On a bad day, it will be 6+. The rest are the actual tough targets that I can put down to sheer difficulty, i.e my uncertainness of the lead picture or line etc. I dont mind these as its great to know what i need to do to improve and have a sense of being pushed and so on. But if I could just reduce the silly misses I would be so happy and my scores would be transformed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did George spot shoot the first on like he probably would at Doube Trap? George was a very good double trap shot when he shot it, wasn't he?  I shoot with a top good sporting/FITASC shot up here who did exactly that a couple of weeks ago on simo teal in horrible windy conditions, shot them like he would double trap, made them look effortless (he's shot double trap at two commonwealth games) he won the shoot!!!

Did George spot shoot the first on like he probably would at Doube Trap? George was a very good double trap shot when he shot it, wasn't he?  I shoot with a top good sporting/FITASC shot up here who did exactly that a couple of weeks ago on simo teal in horrible windy conditions, shot them like he would double trap, made them look effortless (he's shot double trap at two commonwealth games) he won the shoot!!!
If he did spot shoot, it would be even more amazing because that first bird needed respect as a single never mind knowing you had to flow on to another harder bird !

If he did spot shoot, it would be even more amazing because that first bird needed respect as a single never mind knowing you had to flow on to another harder bird !
Perhaps he just got lucky?

Maybe he got lucky 299 times out of 300? The law of averages states this would be possible.

The one he missed, I wonder if he confused his point of aim with his point of impact, or maybe the other way round?

Maybe he used the wrong cartridge or the wrong choke?

Would he have missed it if he was shooting a Kreighoff?

I wonder if any of the stuff that we worry about even slightly concerns him?     I think not!  

If we could all clear away the clutter would we all shoot better?       I think so!   :biggrin:

The only sure thing here is that he's clearly the best shooter The World has ever seen!   

Shot Greenfields yesterday and was amazed but not surprised by what George shot would just like to add a couple of weeks ago he shot 99 missing 1 because he was bored and decided to shoot left handed Brilliant :biggrin:  (Shot a nine on that stand Hamster second right hand bird on the drop) but a 4 on stand 1 using the wifes 24g low recoil practice shells before rushing back to the club house for a slab of Foiccccccchi F blacks.

Incidentally was talking to a guy in the club house who also shoots game when George is there and the stories would blow your mind there is not a guy on the planet who in my opinion who can really get anywhere near him.

Would have been great to see. But try and follow it? Sigh..

On a really good day for me, I will miss 2 "unforgivable" targets. On a bad day, it will be 6+. The rest are the actual tough targets that I can put down to sheer difficulty, i.e my uncertainness of the lead picture or line etc. I dont mind these as its great to know what i need to do to improve and have a sense of being pushed and so on. But if I could just reduce the silly misses I would be so happy and my scores would be transformed.
This mirrors my shooting.and I find on the days i make the most silly misses I shoot the really hard clays as well as any AAA shooter.

Anyone going to bet against him for the World ESP title??  I know there will be a few up there at the end, and as I'm a gambling man, I think I'll back The Ice Man...

Depends who can turn it on on the day...

That's a point...anyone check the bookies yet?

I might have missed it but is there a shootclay football card on this event?

Is Geben Miles shooting it as he won in Dubai?

If George shoots like that i don't think anyone will be able to stick with him.
Think they were at Southdown having a warm up (Facebook) at the weekend or yesterday.....can't remember the day.

Here is how I see it

If George turns up showing more of his recent form then there is only going to be one winner and I believe that's been the case for as long as I can remember

a bad day in the office and that opens the door for the others. Its all down to the Big guy at the end of the day :spiteful:

I was stood behind him today at the world STR. He missed a target and his face looked red. Must have been the shock!

Back