23rd, sunday

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For that price I'd expect someone holding each clay by hand so I could get a 100ex100

Can anyone top 58 p ???? you could have an hours lesson including  100 clays off steve nutbeam at longridge shooting ground for less than you'd pay for a hundred practice clays and he,s a top coach,don't make sense to me!

shootclay admin said:

But you do get a fella that carries your cartridges round for you... or something.
LMAO, Try asking the "Caddy" to carry your gun and cartridges.  The second word of the response will be off, it also annoys me that they expect a tip, not a problem if they have helped and given advice on the birds. They also now insist on fibre for everything except registered so with mid range cartridges, tip you are looking at about £90 for a round there!!!! I can shoot 275 skeet birds at the NCSC for £60. Won't go back there on principal, also had a couple of lessons there when I was waiting for my ticket and they completely failed to check my eye dominance, 6 months later had a lesson at the NCSC where the instructor spotted in less than the first 2 mins of the lesson that i was VERY cross dominant grrrrrr. Jon.

optima said:

Can anyone top 58 p ???? you could have an hours lesson including  100 clays off steve nutbeam at longridge shooting ground for less than you'd pay for a hundred practice clays and he,s a top coach,don't make sense to me!
Not only that - you'd get to be coached by a man who has the finest surname in shooting...  

Last time I was there browsing the shop (never shot there, too rich for me) a family turned up, mummy, daddy and 2 little ruperts in their bentley. Full game shooting clothes on all of them, breeks, socks, garters etc just for a round of sporting practice/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif  only reason I pop in occasionally is my sister lives about a mile up the road.

I'm hoping to do the 100 reg at Hornet, may do something else on the way there or back as it's so far away./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Hamster said:

I'm hoping to do the 100 reg at Hornet, may do something else on the way there or back as it's so far away./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif
Give us a wave on the way round, Little bald bloke with big ears and a brown skeet vest and a short blonde bird with big knockers and a purpleish vest (left hander) /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

I still bet you'll spot me first /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif.

/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Jeez, Every shooting ground is the Bank of Solomons/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif  walked into Weston on sunday and he withdrew a fist full of twenties, couldnt get the clay trap in his boot though /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Nice shoot at Hornet today. Some birds were quite testing with the gusty wind and a novel stand 12, 3 traps with 5 pairs of different combos of the 3. I shot a 63 with the new weapon, about 7 shy of where i should have been. first stand pair dead, pair dead, pair lost /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif loss kill. couple of other stands like that too, was on them then lost them so damn stupid and frustrating! had 1 straight and 2 with 1 away so a huge improvement over my 46 at weston last week/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif equipment change really seems to have helped. Saw Hamster there, he shot some nice stands for 81 I think, Elvis had 85. didnt see many other scores but Chris Broomfield was HG when we left on 94 there were a few shooters still shooting but with the gusty conditions that would probably be enough. oh and Mrs Fuz probably brought up the rear with her mid 30 odd. Third time ive shot hornet and noticed Kevin really does like his curlers, loopers and chondels/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif what looks like a straight crosser is actually curling away or into you so quite deceptive, certainly pays to try and get a look from different angles to really see what its doing. Fuzrat

Yes a really good round that, I'd say I was about 7 light too. That stand twelve was absolutely brill/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif, bagged a 9 there. The platform got me/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif, 1x6! They weren't even that hard. Nice seeing you there Fuzrat, pity I missed Elvis.You never said anything about stand 2 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif, what was that all about/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif. On the whole I would say this shoot would show your true grade, I missed 8 left to right birds off three different stands so I know a big part of my losses were a technique problem that's crept into my game. Sorry Ed no money yet, the booking lady couldn't even come up with my own purse, she said she thinks it's already been collected /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif, wouldn't have thought it worth dressing up like me for a few quid. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Kevin is hopefully going to sort things out and get back to me, will let you know hopefully.

was stand 2 that midi that was taking a nose dive in the wind? Shot a 6 there/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif Elvis said they stopped him shooting on that stand for a while as it was blowing towards the car park, didnt want him smoking someones range rover /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif

Car and I got peppered as I arrived there in the morning, got the glasses on quick /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif, only mentioning it for safety.

what a day,got up watched France v New zealand,that finished jumped in truck,picked my brother up drove to westfield in glouscester (best part of 2 hrs)  a nice shoot only shot an 82 recon i left 7 on the ground,92 was winning when i left, anyway back in truck,dropped brother off,home,tea,loaded truck,with dogs,gun,etc 45 min drive to mates house for duck flight.I'll post next bit in game section so anyone opposed to live shooting dosn,thave to read it!

Back