2013 North of England FITASC Championship

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great company made today for me :)

Shoot report here:

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Great report Nick the company and b.a.n.t.e.r throughout the day made for a really enjoyable day out and the weather was kind to :thumbsu:   

Yeah I enjoyed it Nick, it was a relentless shoot so you had to keep your head. Thought it could of been made kinder by putting less of the extreme birds in the pairs though.

Nick measured some of the distances to the birds, quite a surprise on the range of some, some tough stands, low light didn't help on the golf club corner, enjoyed it though.

Gutted I missed it now sounds proper Fitasc to me
You'd have enjoyed Steve - one bird on the Golf Corner layout was dropping into a tree just after the kill point - the tree was 82 yards on the range finder.

We had another giant crosser which Nick ranged at well into three figures from the hoop to the trap, it came towards you but needed lots of LEEEEEEED I missed it both barrels in the single, and doubled my lead for the double and broke it. 

Gutted I missed it now sounds proper Fitasc to me
Steve - what is proper FITASC exactly? I have heard this expression for years in FITASC circles, you never hear anyone saying "ah a proper sporting layout!!" Is proper fitasc every target at 60+ yards or a course set to the high gun score is mid eighties? Just curious to see what you thik being a ground owner and shooter...

hi matt sorry i thought i said realistic fitasc , think if high guns are around high 80s to low 90s that is what fitasc is about example stand 16 on the gold cup event , very rarely when i go out to shoot fitasc do i encounter clays like stand 16 was , which are all very hittable , you can see them clearly , loads of time for two shots on the singles etc so these mixed in with a few steadier ones makes for me a realistic fitasc event . these shoots where firstly you get three hoops in the space of a public loo cubicle and clays that make your eye brows twitch as they go by , for me should be kept for the big champs abroad !!!!

please note  i am not getting into a disscussion war on whos right and whos wrong again on here about targets or rather " hitting my average "

by the way matt how did hickstead go ???

did i hear correct a 99 won fitasc down there ??

steve

Hickstead was good Steve and won on 91 by Ben Davies. Certainly wasn't pushing for a war on targets just curious what your perspective was as a ground owner and shooters. Stand 16 was a good mix of FITASC targets, what usually happens is, a course setter puts 2 big targets on and then sits them both on all the doubles, which then makes the layout relentless, but good to read your point of view,

Latest posts

Back