1st registered shoot.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredder

Well today was my first registered sporting shoot after shooting sporting maybe a handfullittle of times as I have only shot skeet and helice before. 

I must say I really really enjoyed it and will definitely be doing some more in the future. Set myself a goal of hitting 50% of the targets and ended up with a 69/100. 

Had 2 stands I struggled with so will get practising them birds. Straighted 2 stands as well so chuffed with that. 

Kinda see why people love sporting so much now. Stuck with quarter and half choke maybe could of changed chokes for the closer stuff but didn't really want to mess with chokes on my first shoot. 

Now shred, where did one go, glad you enjoyed it, only advice I will give is do enjoy and take some positives from every shoot, for too long I took myself far too seriously. 

I went to Grange farm as it's not to far from the 3 of us that went. Defo really enjoyed it. Turns out we all scored similar 2x69's and a 68.

for how long are you shooting now?

How much time practicing before you went for 1st registered event?

No practise for sporting only usually shoot skeet. Been shooting now for just over 3 years and have shot sporting I think 4 times but all local small shoots.

Just shot my first ESP Registered 100, my target was to achieve 50%, a bit p.... off 47/100. But what fun, one of the best bits of advice I was given was relax enjoy and dont worry about missing.  I've been shooting since the end of May this year so it's difficult to know what to expect regarding results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just shot my first ESP Registered 100, my target was to achieve 50%, a bit p.... off 49/100. But what fun, one of the best bits of advice I was given was relax enjoy and dont worry about missing.  I've been shooting since the end of May this year so it's difficult to know what to expect regarding results.
Glad you enjoyed it,  You've  only been shooting 3 months so I'd say you're doing just fine.  Where did you go?

Well shot my secong reg today again at grange farm. Some harder targets this week but ended up again on 69x100. Got a 2 hour lesson booked next sunday so hopefully be hitting a few more soon.

Sorry about the typo, should read 47, finger trouble with the keyboard as well as the gun! I shot at Ower near Romsey.

I can tell you 47 is a credible score for first year. I have shot trap for 30 years and only shot a bit of esp for last 12mth and I have only just exceeded 50%. ?

Latest posts

Back