Chokes - Not your usual

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidJ

Has anyone ever bought additional chokes that don't fit and when I say don't fit, its not the thread. The diameter is to large, they don't even fit the barrels.

My friend who has just got a perazzi MX2000s muti choke almost new has this issue. The choke markings are exactly the same on the extra ones he ordered so it's a bit strange.

All I can think is the new ones have been marked incorrectly when manafactured.

It won't be a problem to put right, just an inconvenience when he wanted to shoot two 1/4 's yesterday and found the issue.

Perazzis were never designed as a m/c gun! Then the village idiots came along and demanded them! Now you got what you deserve!

Has anyone ever bought additional chokes that don't fit and when I say don't fit, its not the thread. The diameter is to large, they don't even fit the barrels.

My friend who has just got a perazzi MX2000s muti choke almost new has this issue. The choke markings are exactly the same on the extra ones he ordered so it's a bit strange.

All I can think is the new ones have been marked incorrectly when manafactured.

It won't be a problem to put right, just an inconvenience when he wanted to shoot two 1/4 's yesterday and found the issue.
Perazzi chokes come in several different versions. (Types) they very from having a knurled external fitting to later internal chokes and also to accomodate different bore sizes 18.4 or 18.5 etc.

The correct ones need to be ordered.

I think I read somewhere that it was Perazzi who first succesfully introduced  multichokes on production shotguns. 

Contact Ruag or teague who will properly advise. 

Perazzis were never designed as a m/c gun! Then the village idiots came along and demanded them! Now you got what you deserve!
What does that even mean ? It's like saying trousers were never designed as shorts, who cares, all you have to do is cut the legs off. Your boorish love of fixed chokes is well known but even the most modest knowledge on the matter will be aware that thousands of titles have been won with multi chokes. I have for years offered large bets to anyone who can tell apart a break or a pattern with either.  :rolleyes:

Breda did it 50 years ago!
I was assuming internal chokes suitable for double barrel gun. I guess I should have stated that.

I have a Breda Quick choke (Full)  if anyone wants to buy it. £20 + P&P.

The fat bit on the left screws onto external threads on the barrel. 

20170703_124511.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well! I am supprised that the Big man himself has not caught on the merits of multichokes??????

Well! I am supprised that the Big man himself has not caught on the merits of multichokes??????
Have you tried paying him enough to see if he can win with X Y Z chokes ? Plenty of top end shooters appear not to struggle with multi chokes. 

Helpful!!!!

He was asked to remove a choke, read the details from it and he received a choke set that is marked up exactly the same however they dont even come close to entering the barrels.

Helpful!!!!

He was asked to remove a choke, read the details from it and he received a choke set that is marked up exactly the same however they dont even come close to entering the barrels.
Perhaps contacting the supplier would be helpful

Latest posts

Back