sporting in Lancashire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

may I first point out that the following is on behalf of a friend ?

which are the best clubs to shoot sporting in lancs or close to lancs border, one that has practice and occasional reg comp. Many thanks on behalf of my mate "Giles"

You will struggle to find a registered ESP shoot in Lancashire, a few places do practice and members competitions but not registered. 

Blackpool sporting clays 
Back Lane
Greenhalgh
Kirkham
Preston
PR4 3HP

Last year did registered and practice but I am not too sure if they are holding anymore registered shoots. 

Catton Hall Shooting Ground 
Bradley Lane
Frodsham
Cheshire WA6 7EX

Do a practice day every Wednesday between 10:30am and 4pm. Registered Competitions take place once a month on a Sunday and an open comp on a bank holiday Monday's. 

I live in Lancashire and have to travel to the midlands for my weekly registered ESP but Catton Hall is the closest for practice and reg ESP but no good if you want to shoot practice on a Sunday.  

cheers. It would seem reg shoots are scarce in lancs for all disciplines. Do you ever shoot Coniston?

Yes I have shot Coniston in the past both for practice, registered ESP and FITASC. Lovely ground great facilities with some very good targets. 

Unfortunately there was a bit of an issue over a selection shoot a few years back. Some shooters rightly or wrongly decided the shoot was too hard. The complaints manifested themselves in perceived aggressive behaviour towards referees and staff by a vocal Minority. The ground then pulled the plug on registered ESP shoots. 

They still do registered DTL and ESK but the last reg ESP / FSP was 2013

So I don't go up as often now. 

timps you are correct it must be 3 years since i last went there, there's always Worsley !

I was a member at worsley but no longer as  they went fibre wads only and stopped holding registered comps , the last registered shoot was also in 2013. 

I shot all the registered shoots at Blackpool last year but when I go on to the fixtures or find a club on the CPSA website it is no longer listed as a ground. 

That was the only reason I didn't know if they were continuing or not. 

Look on NOE site, Malmo are sponsoring a big reg comp there as well apparently....

10th of April...

Last edited by a moderator:
If they do,  they will be not up too much.  Trust me. 

Ill take both of you on..and you can add your scores together. 
in your dreams Paul   boy when your ready  :kiss:

How come you took your bow to beverley today 
25suek0.gif

Ho dear that was a bit of a deep blow sorry bud  :lol:
Might as well have done today.. taught me about the pitfalls of  me of keeping changing guns. Got me backdide well snd truly punched today. But we live & ( or not ) learn.

Might as well have done today.. taught me about the pitfalls of  me of keeping changing guns. Got me backdide well snd truly punched today. But we live & ( or not ) learn.
Have i told you many times about changing guns or have i not ............? each time you turn up your shooting something different that you have ....stick to one and learn how to use it to its best ! 

paul sell everything apart from your dads SxS use that for everything ?

Rixton & Astley Shooting Club.

We currently shoot 50 birds over 6 stands and shall soon be moving to 60 birds over 7 stands and moving to 8 stands later in the year.  We also have two practice stands for coaching.

We don't shoot registered competitions, but may do in years to come.

www.astleygunclub.co.uk

webber

cheers Webber will look at web site, see what days you shoot

Latest posts

Back