Visiting the Perazzi Factory - Whats to know?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

Right. I need a new stock making and have decided to visit Perazzi to have one made. However I have absolutely no idea of how to go about organising this so am looking for some input from those that have done it before.

Questions

How do I arrrange this with Perazzi (contact details)?

I take it I will need a european shotgun license (?) to allow me to take my gun to Italy. How/where do I get one of these?

I think I understand the airline requirements for transporting a gun (depends on which airline) but any other helpful advice greatly appreciated.

Any recommendations on which airport to fly into, where to stay, etc.

Any idea of cost of a stock (glove type) and how much do they charge for upgraded timber ?

How long will I need to be in Italy?

When the stock is complete in terms of shape, etc how long before they finish it and ship it to UK?

Anything else I should know?

You can PM me your responses if you would prefer.

If anybody else is thinking of the same and would like to share some costs (such as car hire) let me know.

Any responses greatly appreciated.

DT

Dog, You wil probably need to e mail Perazzi with your request, unless you know a dealer who visits Perazzi frequently?

I flew Easyjet to Milan and also flown Venice, easyjet are no problem with guns.

Euro firearms pass is essential! get it from your firearms dept., make sure the gun you are taking is on there.

I stayed at lake Garda but the hotels are exspensive and not the best.

Cost? I cannot tell you but upgrades started at plus 150 Euros each grade of wood.

If the trip is arranged in advance and you got to the factory at 9.00 am you will definately take the finished stock home that day, the girls do the fasted chequering I have ever seen stock and forend in under an hour!

pm me if you have problems.

Only thing I would add is, you may need a letter of invitation from Perazzi, inviting you to the factory with your gun. I know a few people who have run in to issues with the Italian authorities EVEN with an European Firearms Certificate. Cyril is correct, your local firearms officer can send the it out to you, they usually put the guns you have on your UK SGC on the european one unless you state otherwise

Greg

If you know your measurements then have you seen the MX8 stocks on eBay being sold by that guy in Germany. Glove style, made to measure and wood to die for. Last set went for £1300 plus but they were absolutely stunning. He's not advertising at the moment, but if you are interested I have his contact details here somewhere.

MM

Greg thought you were going all out Nill griffe ?

The Hotel Olive in Sermione on Lago di Garda is very good at they have a cash price if you book in advance! Italian Customs varies from airport to airport. Normally, you shotgun ends up at the police station at the airport. If not, it is a 800E fine to the transport company/airline! That was Venice! Florence was another story too long to put here. Basically, they fill out a 5 copy form and you get three. When you fly out, you give two to the airline and keep one, or maybe not! Make sure that you email Perazzi at info@perazzi.com to get an invite. Mauro will find time to make you fell well received. Perazzi has a good wood selection.

Henry

I ordered a new gun and had a factory visit to get the stock fitted. Brilliant experience. I cannot comment on what you need to take your gun there but there was a couple there that we're just getting stocks fitted so you won't be the first.. I flew into Verona airport which is about a 40 minute drive to the factory.. I stayed in the villa fenaroli which is probably the closet to the factory and I booked it through e bookers which was about £60 a night . It's only about a 5 minute drive to the factory. I would recommend you to hire a car because you may want to travel around a bit as there ain't a great deal to do in Brescia, try car hire 3000 I always find they do the best deals but I think they have change there name now but search it and you will get redirected.. I arrived at the factory about 8.30 and met bianca, she said it was good to get there early because they can start the stock early. They worked out a gun fit and patterned it and when they were happy selected the stock and and a few other things and I left at about 10.30.. I was asked to come back at 2 and had a final fit and adjustment and that was it.. So I only needed to be there for 1 day. Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Maggiore has the best prices for cars. I had a Volva XC70 for 70e a day!

Henry

Right. First step completed. Euro Firearms permit in hand. To marks to Staffordshire Firearms dept. request sent Monday, EFP arrived today!

Right then...flights

DT

Greg, can you wait until after the weekend before you book the flights. I've been to the factory many times over the years. Have a chat at SC this weekend.

Right, after some advice from a trusted source, I'm booked in at Essevierre on the 25th June for a new stock.

The chap I spoke with spoke very little English (although 100% better than my Italian !) and the whole conversation was effectively just booking the appointment.

Therefore do I need an invitation letter from the company to take my gun?

Also does anyone have an email address for Essevierre ?

DT

Right, after some advice from a trusted source, I'm booked in at Essevierre on the 25th June for a new stock.

The chap I spoke with spoke very little English (although 100% better than my Italian !) and the whole conversation was effectively just booking the appointment.

Therefore do I need an invitation letter from the company to take my gun?

Also does anyone have an email address for Essevierre ?

DT
I thought you were going to the Perazzi factory Greg? Did you get talked out of it then?

Right then. It has dawned on me that I need a flight case for 'my precious' and started looking at the SKB and Peli cases 'ont tinter web' and nearly fell off my chair!! Are they having a laugh or what?

As this is potentially only a single event (travelling abroad with my gun) and I don't want to risk damaging my existing car case (you know what those baggage handlers can be like) I am throwing myself at the mercy of the Shootclay membership to see if someone local (Midlands) is willing to loan me a flight case for a few days at the end of June?

Any offers gratefully received and I shall make a £20 donation to a charity of your choice as a way of saying thanks.

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Havent got one as i cant afford the jet set lifestyle that you enjoy but good luck with your quest i will be very surprised if you don't get sorted with a loan one from a kind forum member.

Latest posts

Back