Northern Shooting Show, 6th & 7th of May.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpot

Is anyone going to Harrogate next weekend to the show and if anything like me, go to look at what you can't afford well I may be able to manage to buy a decoy or something of a similar value. 🤔😆

Phil

I wanted to go on the 6th …. I figured it might be an easy day with others pre-occupied. However I’m the only ‘couldn’t care less about the Coronation’  in the group so it looks like Sunday*  . To be honest , if it wasn’t for the BASC free entry , I wouldn’t bother with the show , too much trash and rubbish with very few gems in there . The ‘Walter Mitty ‘ air soft things  for example isn’t an example of what I think shows shooting in a good light . On the positive side last year I got a couple of pairs of McWetts , with the opportunity to try all the sizes , I also wanted some cheapish binos I could leave in the car and had great help from the Vortex team . I actually ordered them from Uttings whilst I was having a coffee , as the stands vortex pointed me to were £20 dearer ! 

It does look like the clay line will be good as EJ Churchill are running it , but we’re not going to shoot . 

* Fly rod on the Wharfe on the Saturday then ! 

No I am not shooting either, never really liked either walking round with my gun for whole show or leaving it in the car. I do like this show for other shooting formats that I enjoy in air rifle and rimfire kit of which I use a great deal for my vermin shooting.  I have a feeling it is going to be quiet on Saturday and the reason for me to go on Saturday.

Anyone buying Macwets, I have bought a pair of the Macwet mesh backed variety for under £20 from a golf shop on fleabay. They are identical to my previous pair of 'shooting gloves'.

Latest posts

Back