World ESP Championship 2023

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiptop

I see over on FB, the CPSA have announced that the 2023 World ESP Champs are to be held at EJC again.

This time it will be run from Monday to Saturday, with booking opening on 1st December.

I think EJC is a good venue for it. They have enough land on the estate (which is unused at other times) to make it shoot like a new course each time. Then the facilities of the main shooting ground next door offers fantastic side events and trade village etc. I really enjoyed last year. 

Yep agreed . But there are other places equal to it in all respects  . But I guess if   no one tenders for it? Then that's that.  Just would like a different  venue that's all. They seem to have had it all just lately. Just saying. 

It will still be full.

Jasper. 

Yep agreed . But there are other places equal to it in all respects  . But I guess if   no one tenders for it? Then that's that.  Just would like a different  venue that's all. They seem to have had it all just lately. Just saying. 

It will still be full.

Jasper. 
Where would you suggest, i have not been to any other grounds that i think could offer the same but to be fair not been to that many

I see over on FB, the CPSA have announced that the 2023 World ESP Champs are to be held at EJC again.

This time it will be run from Monday to Saturday, with booking opening on 1st December.
In current climate Im not seeing a viable alternative, the event has become a monster, think the last pre EJC one was hosted by Steve Lovatt at a green field site called "Sweetslade" though wether any ground other than EJC (and boy have they spent some money at the main ground in recent years ) could now support the whole event is debatable. Personally probably stick to just the Sportrap & 100 Pre-Lim, not a FITASC person nor is my game likely to be in a good enough place for a 200 target event. 

In current climate Im not seeing a viable alternative, the event has become a monster, think the last pre EJC one was hosted by Steve Lovatt at a green field site called "Sweetslade" though wether any ground other than EJC (and boy have they spent some money at the main ground in recent years ) could now support the whole event is debatable. Personally probably stick to just the Sportrap & 100 Pre-Lim, not a FITASC person nor is my game likely to be in a good enough place for a 200 target event. 
I’d recommend the 200 ESP main event Richard. It’s 100 per day on interesting new ground for you. It wasn’t brutally hard last time. 

Hopefully, team wise, all our superstars through themselves into the selection shoot process, the USA always look remarkably strong whereas have always felt a few of our shining lights appear to shy away. 

It will still be full.

Jasper. 
Where else in the uk can hold & stage such a festival of shooting ?  100 Sportrap, 100 FITASC, 100 Prelim ESP & 200 ESP Main event !!

Yes, other venues staged the world 200 target main event BUT not the other side events & def not over 6 days.

The costs, man power & logistics of using a greenfield site would near on double the cost of entry fees.

Think we all need to be very mindfull of the support that EJC offers the shooters

Monday / Tuesday for the main event, Sportrap Wednesday and Super Sporting Thursday.  Be the first time for me.  I've only ever shot sportrap and super sporting once each before.  Better go and try and get myself a classification in each of those before July!

I was on Cpsa website dead on 8 pm and couldn’t get a slot for 5 of us (we wanted Fri/sat) for the sporting for love nor money!  Went to the Weds slot and couldn’t get anything there also. Two of us trying to get the slots!   Ended up doing sporting mon/tues, having a day off then on Thursday morning sport trap,  bit of lunch then super sporting in afternoon.  I checked this morning and I think the sporting only had 1 space left mon/tues, sport trap was fully booked and a fair few spaces for super sporting.  Didn’t look at the prelim. 

This is after doing the 150 at Barbury on the Friday and having a stay over and shooting the 200 super sporting at Westfields on Saturday!  Good job I’m taking early retirement New Year’s Eve or I don’t know how I’d fit it all in 😂😂😂😂

Jenny, you will be fine, super sporting is great fun, I’ve done 2 or 3 now and I’ve enjoyed everyone of them. We are going to take a break for a few months after Christmas (don’t enjoy shooting in the rain)!  But after that if you fancy a day out for some super sporting practice let me know.  

i

Latest posts

Back