Lyalvale Express Masters 2022

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerettaDan

Hi All, I booked onto the Lyalvale Express Masters at AGL over the weekend. Anyone else going?

Nope.  Didn't enjoy the last one I shot.  Took an age to get around and using their thumpy cartridges on the last 20 clays wasn't fun at all.

Hmmmm sounds like I’ve picked a dud!!

The selling points for me were that it’s about 2 miles from home, I’ve shot there loads of times and I currently shoot Lyalvale Power Golds.

The selling points for me were that it’s about 2 miles from home, I’ve shot there loads of times and I currently shoot Lyalvale Power Golds.
It won’t be a dud. Just do their usual reg shoots, which will be very similar for less money. 

It'll be fine.  They targets are usually fairly good at AGL.  They make you use three different sorts of their cartridges, two of them were really punchy. First stand on that bit of the course was a sim pair.  Missed the second bird on the first pair because I was so shocked by the recoil that I rocked back and almost took the gun out of my shoulder.  Braced for the rest of them!

I've shot power gold fibre and power blues in the past, definitely wasn't them.

I wonder why Lyalvale would push bad cartridges like that? Surely it’s counterproductive to sponsorship of the event to have everyone leaving the shooting ground with a dislocated shoulder? Maybe they have a job lot of rubbish they need to get rid of? 🤣

My 28g Power Gold Fibres aren’t like that.

I wonder why Lyalvale would push bad cartridges like that? Surely it’s counterproductive to sponsorship of the event to have everyone leaving the shooting ground with a dislocated shoulder? Maybe they have a job lot of rubbish they need to get rid of? 🤣

My 28g Power Gold Fibres aren’t like that.
They aren't necessarily bad cartridges, they certainly broke the targets OK.  Some people like faster cartridges or cartridges with a heavier load.  I know that at least one of the ones they were promoting the time I went was a game cartridge (it was a stand with a very long flattish looper that you had full use of the gun on - it broke well with the cartridges, I only missed one of them).  I just found them much thumpier than what I usually use.

They aren't necessarily bad cartridges, they certainly broke the targets OK.  Some people like faster cartridges or cartridges with a heavier load.  I know that at least one of the ones they were promoting the time I went was a game cartridge (it was a stand with a very long flattish looper that you had full use of the gun on - it broke well with the cartridges, I only missed one of them).  I just found them much thumpier than what I usually use.
I had a similar experience to Bebo. I think what does not help is shooting in those wooden enclosures to me it increases the perception of noise and recoil. Express would have been better having the trial cartridges in a more open area. I think one of the cartridges was Super Comp which i.m.o is a great “killing” cartridge but very much on the thumpy side. 
People have different tolerances of recoil but I shoot better with a softer cartridge otherwise I’ll soon start flinching.

You both make fair points and I agree that everyone’s perception of heavy recoil is different. But if you were Lyalvale going to the expense and trouble of putting on an event, you’d want your best products portrayed in the best light?

I did wonder why it was so easy to get in on the Saturday with virtually my pick of the times! 😳

Latest posts

Back