Trap cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieTrapper

What is the members advice for a beginner on the most suitable fibre wad cartridge for trap shooting? Looking for good quality medium price

I am no expert but I predominately shoot all the various trap disciplines and in the main ABT and DTL.  I have tried all sorts of different cartridges even the very top end stuff. My advice would be get the cheapest 28gm you can buy because they break them just the same. One other factor , trap shooting is the most expensive of disciplines  because second barrels are quite common and many even second barrel the bits. So cartridge usage is much heavier than all the other disciplines.

Sporting 100's fibre 28g 7.5/8. Very smooth for a fibre cartridge. Well you can use them for anything really - I have and do.

and many even second barrel the bits
For fun I would do that on a compac or sporting clay, every once in a blue moon (as I do’t hit em often 😂) but what’s the use of doing that so regularly it puts a dent in your cartridge pile?

For fun I would do that on a compac or sporting clay, every once in a blue moon (as I do’t hit em often 😂) but what’s the use of doing that so regularly it puts a dent in your cartridge pile?
Watch the top DTL shooters , they even shoot the dust😂.

I am no expert but many have told me that trap shooting being a single bird with an option of having a second barrel is the reason. It keeps your gun moving and focused should you miss . No doubt the real experts like Jan could add more to this.  

Watch the top DTL shooters , they even shoot the dust😂.

I am no expert but many have told me that trap shooting being a single bird with an option of having a second barrel is the reason. It keeps your gun moving and focused should you miss .
Spot on. Essentially it’s a mental exercise. It helps keep the mind and body tuned in should a second barrel be needed in competition. Some are big ‘bits’ shooters, others not so.

I would say, if you choose to do it, make sure it achieves a purpose. Wildly shooting a second shot, apart from costing money, achieves nothing from a performance point of view.

Latest posts

Back