End of lockdown?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robden

When does the English lockdown end?  00.01 on the second, or 24.00 on the second?  

The ground where I shoot is normally open on Wednesdays (2nd). I've spoken to the owner and even he doesn't know at the moment. 

Well maybe see what bojo says at his press conference today. If we go back into tier system it may be with some tweaks . 

Jasper

When does the English lockdown end?  00.01 on the second, or 24.00 on the second?  

The ground where I shoot is normally open on Wednesdays (2nd). I've spoken to the owner and even he doesn't know at the moment. 
There’s no such thing as 24:00 but joking aside, the lockdown ends at 00:00:01, i.e. one second past midnight. Not that it makes much difference.

Grounds are gradually publishing their intentions post lockdown. It’s pleasing to see most in my part of the country seem to be going straight back to hosting competitions, subject to the restrictions at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s no such thing as 24:00 but joking aside, the lockdown ends at 00:00:01, i.e. one second past midnight. Not that it makes much difference.

Grounds are gradually publishing their intentions post lockdown. It’s pleasing to see most in my part of the country seem to be going straight back to hosting competitions, subject to the restrictions at the time.
Yeah it does, or would have.....made a difference. If lockdown finishes at 11.59 pm on the 2nd, then the ground can't open on the 2nd, so I can't go that week.

But anyway, just saw on the BBC news that non-essential shops etc can open ON the 2nd.

I have my own hair salon and we’ve been told we can reopen along with all non essential shops on Thursday 3rd.  It comes into effect from a minute past midnight but I don’t think I’ll be opening the doors at that time!  I will now spend the next 24 hours rebooking clients that missed the last month and trying to jam 2 months work into 3 weeks. 😞 Then if we all have to close again in January those clients will want to be seen before Xmas too!  Don’t they realise I need to go shooting in between Xmas and the New Year not work!! 

12.01am according to the sun. 
Clocks must be different to ours 😷

I feel for you all if rules are this opaque. Clarity on what happens when restrictions lift would be nice, but that is not yet in sight here. So far we've been allowed to shoot, but only as 'individual practice' in groups no greater than 2/3/4 depending on the moments rigeur. No competitions at all and not foreseeable either until lockdown restrictions are lifted entirely. We are "advised" that all travel should be "strictly necessary", which is odd given that other than hotels and restaurants all shops and businesses are open: Hard to see how a trip to the cinema or to go windowshopping is "necessary", but then others could say the same of my shooting. 

Can't have more than three guests over the holidays either, so here's to hoping for better prospects soon. 

Good news, been bored stiff during the past couple of weeks, nice to get back shooting again

Latest posts

Back