Southdown GC - FSP Winter Series - 18th Nov

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Lovely day at Southdown, bright, no breeze and not too cold (crisp in the morning, but lovely in the sun)

I drove down with Gav_B and met TeePee there for a bacon roll and coffee - light squad (with a couple dropped out), we started out on the Well layout close to the club house. Couple of tricky pegs, but good to see Tony straighten his second peg of the day.

We then took transport over to Sunflower Meadow layout - which I really enjoyed, Pegs 1 and 2 I was only 2 away, but foolishly realised that on the way to Peg 3 and completely talked myself out of a decent score and took 17 from the layout - a couple of decent distance crossers beating me.

We rattled along all day, 3 in the squad in front (Charlotte Kerwood etc) and 3 on our squad meant it was fast and furious all the way round... with some nice breaks for coffee and a natter full analysis of each parcours.

Third of the day was the Field (far end of the lane) - where I started off badly dropping 5 in a row - and had to settle back for a 13. Not good.

Final parcours was The Lane - where once again I went to peg 3 with 23 still available on my card - dropped the first single, and had to recite "Hickory Dickory Dock" to clear my head of anything - then managed to first barrel the rest of the singles and take 2 from the 4 available in pairs to card my first 20. Its been a while coming, and some recent coaching/gun changes have really helped me get back on track.

So - I took a 65, which obviously isn't 'there' yet - but compared to 54 and 47 on my previous visits, it left me quite happy. Most of all, had a great day with good company and didn't waste too many shells! Once again, decent setup from Shaun, only three no-birds the whole way round - and everything ran like clockwork!

Roll on the next date at Southdown!

Well shot Matt! 20 is a good performance on any 25 parcours. And a good step forward for the total. I must learn the Hickory mantra. :)

really good shooting Matt -lovely day for shooting and great company

shaun put on a good shoot shame my scores were not as good back to the drawing board for me

Lovely day out again, great company, great weather, and some tasty targets! Really pleased for you Matt, good to see you shooting a lot better!

Started out fairly well... and it went downhill from there! Once again, I'm not really sure where I was going wrong, except for my gun mount which seemed to get worse as the day went on. Didn't really seem to be able to put it in the same place twice!

I need that drawing board when you've finished with it, Gav! :p

Still loved it though, and a big thanks and well done to Shaun. :D

We had a lot of fun and good targets all round so much so that we booked in for the 16th December :D

Back