Lower Greatmoor Farm - 100 FSP (unregistered)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Back to this little farm near Aylesbury for the second in this winter series - Old Style FITASC over four parcours set by Pete Munn.

A really different proposition this month - strong blustery wind and really poor light all day as opposed to the shirtsleeves we experienced back in the heady crazy days of November. 

GavB and I managed to arrive late due to a little miscommunication on start times, so rushed to the first peg on Oak layout to catch up with our squad. They had just finished the peg, so we jumped in, had a quick single look at the targets and got on with it. A fast climbing midi from the right was going to be the tough one here, mainly to see in the low light - this became a feature of the day. A little rushed at the beginning, we settled into the conditions across three tricky pegs. 

Onto layout 2 - Bank - with a low driven into peg 1 and a distant curling looper which was very tricky.  Another high looper become an edge on overhead on Peg 2 coupled with a very edgy curling incomer. This was the most benign of the layouts with the shelter of some trees and the banking meaning that clays were much less wind affected. 

Quick break - then we were out on Hedge layout - the final two layouts being the most exposed with a blustery wind really affecting targets. Here we had some very tricky edge on crossers, with plenty of spring as well as a demon quartering away bird which curled under speed and caught a lot of people out as it whipped away. 

Final layout for us was Field - again, fully exposed to the elements this was full of edge on crossers and a rabbit which managed to cost me 5 points - I finally hit one on the last peg when it rolled to a standstill - a very tricky sim pair from peg 3 was satisfying to kill but scores were lower on the these very wind affected layouts. 

Once again, a very enjoyable day out with a fun squad - I was chuffed to pick up a little cash for coming 2nd in D last time I was there, but I know I won't be troubling the till again this time.  Overall, the wind really affected this one, making it hard to shoot and harder to endure at points - so I know this is the perfect shoot to enter my winter break.  Few practice days for me now, then back to shooting in February/March. 

A good day out as always, with some testing targets in the gloom! Great laugh, shot well in places but at a loss on how to break edge on  quartering targets consistently. I missed plenty resulting in a poor score :(

Back