OT coaches...?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyosk

hi, does anybody have any recommendations for great OT coaches in the North ? thanks for your help

D

Ian Peel? Peter Croft is coaching in Ayrshire but lives in the Midlands, Why not get yourself down to Sealand NWSS on a Saturday good otters there and some one can advise or assist. It's only a game you know.

1. Know the rules then you understand the targets [iSSF online] Watch the worlds best on video there. http://www.issf-sports.org/

2. Learn on 24gm then you won't get battered.

3. Use one barrel in practice - miss with one don't miss with two. Next year you may not need two.

3.5 Leave competitions alone till you average better than 20.

4. Use half choke and above.

5. Use a trap gun if you have one or set your comb to parallel and make sure you can see some rib.

6. Don't stand on one leg like a DTL shooter - you need to rotate much further for OT.

7. Lighten that grip - you can't compress muscles twice.

8. Have a reliable call - make friends with the acoustic release.

9. Get away on a weekday if you can and I'll go through the principles at Sealand/Manchester/Cloudside with you and have a practice round.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok with me Peter, just away at weekends this month.

1. Know the rules then you understand the targets [iSSF online] Watch the worlds best on video there. http://www.issf-sports.org/

2. Learn on 24gm then you won't get battered.

3. Use one barrel in practice - miss with one don't miss with two. Next year you may not need two.

3.5 Leave competitions alone till you average better than 20.

4. Use half choke and above.

5. Use a trap gun if you have one or set your comb to parallel and make sure you can see some rib.

6. Don't stand on one leg like a DTL shooter - you need to rotate much further for OT.

7. Lighten that grip - you can't compress muscles twice.

8. Have a reliable call - make friends with the acoustic release.

9. Get away on a weekday if you can and I'll go through the principles at Sealand/Manchester/Cloudside with you and have a practice round.
Well said that man.

thanks for the tips 40UP, would you use 1/2 choke for OT ?

I shall try and get a weekday away and take you up on that offer of a practise round. thanks very much.

I've tested down to quarter but the kills become "iffy" - maybe ok on ABT with best 28gm. Half is fine with 24gm - still some smoked kills.

It sounds as though we have half a squad for a midweek session at NWSS, just give me a little notice please.

ok Sealand then. 10am till lunch is best there. Who's available Wednesday 25th?

I believe it's best not to show phone and email addresses on the forum. Can we each mail Matt at [email protected] and he will forward the mail thus exchanging contacts.

Back