Yesterday I succumb to the charms of.......

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8 90

A gorgeous Beretta DT10 32" Trap - I just couldn't help myself !! I called in to Rob Halls gun shop whilst away for the weekend as I was looking for an reasonable/cheap trap gun for Pigeon shooting.

After admiring the timber on the DT10 I made the fatal mistake for shouldering it, it could have been made for me !! I've never owned or used a Beretta before but it just feels & mounts so nicely - today I shot 100 DTL with it 24/72 24/71 & was looking good for 25/75 on the third layout till the trap broke - 30 mins later I ended up shooting my last few clays + my fourth 25 on another layout & dropped 3 targets due to ...........

I'm well impressed by the feel & handling of the DT10 - looks like the Blaser will be going !!!

Good for you mate.

Welcome to the very select world of Beretta owners a club that only accepts people with taste.

There a great gun as you have found out and that's an excellent start with a new gun. In two months you will be settled with it just in time for the comp season.

If the first impressions continue it'll be a good relationship !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you mate.

Welcome to the very select world of Beretta owners a club that only accepts people with taste.

There a great gun as you have found out and that's an excellent start with a new gun. In two months you will be settled with it just in time for the comp season.
I suspect that it would be rude to comment on the exact sort of taste that might be referring to   :nyam:

A gorgeous Beretta DT10 32" Trap - I just couldn't help myself !! I called in to Rob Halls gun shop whilst away for the weekend as I was looking for an reasonable/cheap trap gun for Pigeon shooting.

After admiring the timber on the DT10 I made the fatal mistake for shouldering it, it could have been made for me !! I've never owned or used a Beretta before but it just feels & mounts so nicely - today I shot 100 DTL with it 24/72 24/71 & was looking good for 25/75 on the third layout till the trap broke - 30 mins later I ended up shooting my last few clays + my fourth 25 on another layout & dropped 3 targets due to ...........

I'm well impressed by the feel & handling of the DT10 - looks like the Blaser will be going !!!
They really do feel as well made as anything ever was in their price band.

Do you guys think there would be many gain to fitting an ISIS Xpad to my DT10 or is the standard recoil pad ok ??

Nothing wrong with std pad DTs do not recoil much or suffer from muzzle flip cos they are a quality competition gun. If Mr Beretta thought it needed it he would have fitted it.

Do you guys think there would be many gain to fitting an ISIS Xpad to my DT10 or is the standard recoil pad ok ??
It really depends, if your avatar pic is anything to go by I'd say you'll be OK with the std pad, then again any reduction in perceived recoil has to be a good thing because its effects are cumulative. If you shoot a lot and intend to do so for a very long time to come then you should take recoil seriously.

Thanks for the replies gents, I intend to shoot comps for some year to come - I haven't been out with it for 4 weeks now & Ive just an Operation so won't be out for another couple of weeks - just wondering if the difference would really be noticeable.

Thanks for the replies gents, I intend to shoot comps for some year to come - I haven't been out with it for 4 weeks now & Ive just an Operation so won't be out for another couple of weeks - just wondering if the difference would really be noticeable.
In my experience the differences are always noticeable, some are more subtle than others but you'd have to be proper Meatloaf not to notice. My first 682 had a hard wood butt pad as standard  :dontknow:  which of course made for uncomfortable shooting, a mid thickness sorbothane pad made it miles better, a thick X type pad is vastly better than a hard rubber pad, a compressible recoil device with a hard rubber pad is better than a thick X type pad, the X type pad and a compressible device together is better still, add a floating comb and you're just about done, just about because a thin sorbothane sheet glued to the comb will be a nice touch.

Get identical guns/weights fitted with different material/combinations as described above and shoot them side by side, the differences will be perceptible, how far up the scale you need to go is entirely dependent on the individual.

Any of the recoil systems pads are superior to Beretta offerings. Buy one and do the hammer test.not scientific but shows you the difference. You will feel the difference and the muzzle flip better controlled also .worth every penny .IMO.

Jasper

P.s check out the vid on the recoil systems website.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Dt11 was superb for low felt recoil, but I found the Beretta pad too slippery. Fitted an old ISIS pad with grip sticker.

Latest posts

Back